Walk in or mail in?

Old Sep 4th 2003, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Walk in or mail in?

Is either one more superior for AOS and EAD filing? We are in Louisville, KY and the office is just a mile away so that is not an issue. I have heard that the EAD part can sometimes be quicker if it is filed in person.
Thoughts?
Old Sep 4th 2003, 8:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Walk in or mail in?

Originally posted by kariml
Is either one more superior for AOS and EAD filing? We are in Louisville, KY and the office is just a mile away so that is not an issue. I have heard that the EAD part can sometimes be quicker if it is filed in person.
Thoughts?
Have you checked the experience pages for this subject matter? It is listed under my name in the first post for this forum.

Rete
Old Sep 4th 2003, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Rete
Have you checked the experience pages for this subject matter? It is listed under my name in the first post for this forum.

Rete
Yes, and a few talked about the office wait while filing in person, but I could not find anything that indicated walk in filing is quicker. The interview experiences are also very helpful! I guess I am just trying to find some pros and cons between the two.
Old Sep 4th 2003, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd do walk-in if available, especially since the office is so close to your house. This way you do not have to worry about them loosing your packet in the mail room or having to wait for them to open your packet and issue you the receipt...

Caroline

PS: they will also let you know on the spot if some documents are missing.
Old Sep 4th 2003, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Caro

PS: they will also let you know on the spot if some documents are missing.
That was my thought exactly.
Old Sep 4th 2003, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kariml
That was my thought exactly.
I'd be more worried about them loosing stuff along the way (packet, check, some documents, or what nots)!

And also, the prime advantage I see is that you get a receipt of your filing right away, no waiting for them to get to your envelope. It gives you a proof of filing right away.

Caroline
Old Sep 4th 2003, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

kjdrga is an unknown quantity at this point

We just did a walk-in filing of the renewal EAD and AP and they do not necessarily check to see if you have all the proper documentation. We walked away without turning over the pictures that were buried in the bag, luckily we remembered and ran back in and waited for the woman to finish with her next customer and then handed it to her... we laughed about it, but really it would have been a shame to get a notice that the AP was missing pictures since we really would like processed the quickest.

The wait was long over 6 hours but in our opinion worth it, because it cut down of mail time and at least didn't get lost in the mail. Now whether it doesn't get lost in the office is a whole other issue which we hope won't happen.

It was really sad to see so many disgruntle people there looking for answers and everyone saying the same thing....that there is really no one place to find an honest answer. You ask three different officers the same question you get three different answers, you call the help line 3 different times you get different answers. They are still continuing to mail people things to their old address even though they received a receipt from BCIS confirming their new address (that was another reason we decided to wait the wait).

I would do the walk-in you get there early enough you won't have to wait too long...

We were dealing with Arlington, VA