Waiver of inadmissability

Old Mar 12th 2019, 11:32 am
KT4
Just Joined

KT4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Waiver of inadmissability

Hello
My husband was granted the waiver mentioned 6 months ago for his B1 visa and has being travelling in and out of the US since for work. He has now applied for his L1, when we went for the interview at the consulate we were told the visa is on hold for administrative processing obviously due to the waiver. I was told today that each new visa needs a new waiver, the last one took 9 months so my question is, has anyone had experience of re applying for a waiver and if so how long did it take as the embassy worker indicated he didn’t think it would take as long the second time round. I’m assuming because he has had one granted before and they already hold all the information needed for it? Thanks in advance for any helpful advice 😊
Old Mar 12th 2019, 11:40 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiver of inadmissability

Originally Posted by KT4
Hello
My husband was granted the waiver mentioned 6 months ago for his B1 visa and has being travelling in and out of the US since for work. He has now applied for his L1, when we went for the interview at the consulate we were told the visa is on hold for administrative processing obviously due to the waiver. I was told today that each new visa needs a new waiver, the last one took 9 months so my question is, has anyone had experience of re applying for a waiver and if so how long did it take as the embassy worker indicated he didn’t think it would take as long the second time round. I’m assuming because he has had one granted before and they already hold all the information needed for it? Thanks in advance for any helpful advice 😊
It takes as long as it takes. The current wait for decisions generally seems to be less than 9 months, but the bottom line is that nobody really knows how long it is going to take and so you'll just have to be patient and wait for it to be sorted.
Old Mar 12th 2019, 12:06 pm
KT4
Just Joined

Thanks Materialcontroller for taking the time to respond. Having been through it already I am aware it “takes as long as it takes” but my question was actually aimed more at anyone who may of already been in the same situation where they had to reapply for a waiver when one had already been granted. I was curious to see if this process may be quicker due to the fact the embassy already have all the information as when we applied before most of the time taken was gathering information requested and submitting it.

Last edited by KT4; Mar 12th 2019 at 12:10 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2019, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KT4
Thanks Materialcontroller for taking the time to respond. Having been through it already I am aware it “takes as long as it takes” but my question was actually aimed more at anyone who may of already been in the same situation where they had to reapply for a waiver when one had already been granted, I was curious to see if this process may be quicker due to the fact the embassy already have all the information as when we applied before most of the time taken was gathering information requested and submitting it.
No, the process isn't likely to be any quicker. I've had three waivers of ineligibility and they've all taken the standard amount of time to process. Then again, anything is possible and you might be lucky.

So once again - it takes as long as it takes.
Old Mar 12th 2019, 12:12 pm
KT4
Just Joined

Ok so you have experience of this then, you didn’t mention that before. That’s good to know then thanks as we won’t make any plans if it’s likely to take that long again!
Old Mar 12th 2019, 12:19 pm
KT4
Just Joined

Materialcontroller, How long did each one take? Just curious?
Old Mar 12th 2019, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by KT4
Materialcontroller, How long did each one take? Just curious?
First one in 2010 took 9 weeks. Second one in 2011 took 15 weeks. Last one in 2016 took about 14 weeks. These were all for B2 visas, but I don't think the class of visa matters too much. The cases all still have to be dealt with by the Admissibility Review Office.
Old Mar 12th 2019, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Plenty of other have been through the process for different categories.

I have seen then sub 6 months recently but impossible to be specific for a new case.
Old Mar 12th 2019, 1:56 pm
KT4
Just Joined

Hi Boiler, thanks for the feedback. I did a search but couldn’t find much but I’m new to this forum so pretty useless tbh! That’s good news if it could be less than 6 months as it was a very long process last time but there was so much going backwards and forwards with information and then waiting for the review. I just thought as the case was already built and the waiver approved before it would maybe take less time, it was also not long ago that it was issued originally so there has not been much change other than the job position!
Old Mar 12th 2019, 2:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KT4
I did a search but couldn’t find much but I’m new to this forum so pretty useless tbh!
There is a massive thread about waivers just down the page, lots of timelines in there to give you an idea.

HTH.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

I've had two waivers. My first one in 2015 took 7 weeks. My last one in 2017 took 14.5 weeks. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason for the difference. Don't expect a renewal to be quicker.