Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

VWP - Is this visiting pattern ok or will it raise problems?

VWP - Is this visiting pattern ok or will it raise problems?

Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VWP - Is this visiting pattern ok or will it raise problems?

Originally Posted by Jodie_London
Because on the other thread, people focused on the working remotely, that now I am not going to do anymore. I am concerned about the frequency.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be direspectful at all.
Jodie, you weren't being disrespectful, it can just get really confusing for everyone (including you trying to work out all the relpies) if you're posting two threads on essentially the same topic.
Hope it all works out for you
Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Because on the other thread, people focused on the working remotely, that now I am not going to do anymore. I am concerned about the frequency.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be direspectful at all.
Don't worry...you're a new member. When people open multiple threads on the same or similar subject it gets very confusing. It's best to stick to one thread.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

Jodie_London is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Don't worry...you're a new member. When people open multiple threads on the same or similar subject it gets very confusing. It's best to stick to one thread.
Thank yu very much for the understanding. I will stick to one thread. Did anybody had similar experiences though?

I never got any questioning and I am happy to asnwer all questions and to be "grilled". I just really don't want to be bounced back. Shall I apply for a tourist visa instead?

Thank you!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Applying for a tourist visa would be very bad news.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Boiler
Applying for a tourist visa would be very bad news.
What do you mean?
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean?
Someone who is eligible to use the VWP would find it very difficult to get a visitor visa, unless they are of retirement age. If you apply and get denied then you may scupper your chances of being able to use the VWP and would have to declare the denial every time you want to travel.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank yu very much for the understanding. I will stick to one thread. Did anybody had similar experiences though?

I never got any questioning and I am happy to asnwer all questions and to be "grilled". I just really don't want to be bounced back. Shall I apply for a tourist visa instead?

Thank you!
You don't need a tourist visa. You are not planning to stay longer than 90 days, so you are eligible to travel using the VWP. People who qualify to use the VWP have a difficult time getting a B-2. Then when the B-2 is refused, you have to declare a denied visa on ESTA from then on.

Rene
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lisa67
Someone who is eligible to use the VWP would find it very difficult to get a visitor visa, unless they are of retirement age. If you apply and get denied then you may scupper your chances of being able to use the VWP and would have to declare the denial every time you want to travel.
Ok. I understand. So you can't go on holiday under the VISA Waiver program, if you go very often. But you can't get a tourist visa... I am a bit confused.

I am being made feel like a criminal, when I am doing everything legally and I don't want to do anything bad...

I am feeling really scared and discouraged.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Ok. I understand. So you can't go on holiday under the VISA Waiver program, if you go very often. But you can't get a tourist visa... I am a bit confused.

I am being made feel like a criminal, when I am doing everything legally and I don't want to do anything bad...

I think they look at it like this: if you go on holiday too many times you're living there.

You can only try.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

The measures are there to discourage the dishonest, and from what I can see you are honest. I was visiting the US pretty frequently up to July '09, and now haven't been back for about a year now. If I were in your shoes I would make this your last visit for a while as your list of visits is getting rather lengthy, but as already said you also haven't broken any time limits or rules.

Try to get those in the US to visit you in the UK also if you must see each other so often.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You've done everything right so far. You don't have any bad intentions. It's just that no one can predict when the POE officer will tell you "OK, that's enough". It could be this trip in Sept. It could be on the trip in Dec. It could be next year. There's just no way of knowing.

Rene
Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You've done everything right so far. You don't have any bad intentions. It's just that no one can predict when the POE officer will tell you "OK, that's enough". It could be this trip in Sept. It could be on the trip in Dec. It could be next year. There's just no way of knowing.

Rene
Thank you. It just seems very "random" and I don't see why it should be. SUrely they mush have sound reason to refuse you entry. :-(
Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:48 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. It just seems very "random" and I don't see why it should be. SUrely they mush have sound reason to refuse you entry. :-(
We *could* adopt Schengen rules, for example, that limit me to visiting much of Europe (no matter how many different countries) to 3 months in. I then have to leave the Schengen Zone for 3 months before requesting re-entry. It does make it a bit more obvious what is and is not allowed. Of course, it takes away the flexibility to visit more frequently for shorter bursts.. which is what you have been doing.

You don't live in your home country. You have close family ties in the US, and now a serious citizen boyfriend. And you're bringing your mother over.. for the wedding?
You see, you have to look at it from the border agent's point of view. The reason to refuse entry is if they think someone is immigrating without the correct visa.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 5:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Think of the VWP as a fast tracked tourist visa.

Even if you had a B2 the visits are adding up
Old Aug 26th 2010, 10:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by meauxna
We *could* adopt Schengen rules, for example, that limit me to visiting much of Europe (no matter how many different countries) to 3 months in. I then have to leave the Schengen Zone for 3 months before requesting re-entry. It does make it a bit more obvious what is and is not allowed. Of course, it takes away the flexibility to visit more frequently for shorter bursts.. which is what you have been doing.

You don't live in your home country. You have close family ties in the US, and now a serious citizen boyfriend. And you're bringing your mother over.. for the wedding?
You see, you have to look at it from the border agent's point of view. The reason to refuse entry is if they think someone is immigrating without the correct visa.
I have to say... I honestly think that, as well as giving a lot of useful information, these forums can also be scaremongering.

I have travelled about 4 times a yeat in the US for the past 5 years because my sister lives there. Not for more than 10 days at the time and I have always left promptly. I have a full time job, the same for the past 4 years.

My mum lives in italy and she is coming for XMAS.

And my "boyfriend". Well we have only sort of date for a few months. Soooo, of course there is a risk, I don't deny that, but I think that more reasonable answers would be more helpful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.