VWP fee instituted

Old Sep 10th 2010, 12:18 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default VWP fee instituted

$14 to enter the US on the VWP now. As if the US isn't welcoming enough...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...rge-9-fee.html
Old Sep 10th 2010, 2:45 am
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VWP fee instituted

Yep, we know

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=680117
Old Sep 10th 2010, 5:15 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't you noticed the sharp decline in posts from people wanting to move to Florida after being on holiday there?. I put it down to that $14 fee myself.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 5:42 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I love the comments on there, people complaining about 9 quid. With the exchange rate you probably get that back when you eat your first meal.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 4:47 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
I love the comments on there, people complaining about 9 quid. With the exchange rate you probably get that back when you eat your first meal.
Hell yeah, especially if you go to one of those ALL YOU CAN EAT buffets,
Old Sep 12th 2010, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Many countries have a departure tax which is more logical since you have to pay to leave not to arrive. The only good thing about it is it's good for 2 years. I expect to see tourism drop here soon as a result though. Great timing DHS...NOT!
Old Sep 12th 2010, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light

I'd rather pay 9pound to visit America then a tenner to get into Turkey!
Old Sep 12th 2010, 1:59 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brit3964
Many countries have a departure tax which is more logical since you have to pay to leave not to arrive. The only good thing about it is it's good for 2 years. I expect to see tourism drop here soon as a result though. Great timing DHS...NOT!
You're not serious, I trust? It's £9 FFS!
Old Sep 12th 2010, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
You're not serious, I trust? It's £9 FFS!
I think you'll find that extra cash could be the clincher for some families switching from 2 weeks in FL to the Costa Del Sol especially during hard times such as now. As I read it, ESTA is a per person fee so a family of 4 could pay £36 which is more than £9.

Last edited by Brit3964; Sep 12th 2010 at 2:37 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 2:38 pm

I think you'll find that extra cash could be the clincher for some families switching from 2 weeks in FL to Costa Del Sol especially during hard times such as now.
Come off it. If £9 is such a problem, you probably shouldn't be going in the first place...
Old Sep 12th 2010, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Most, if not all, countries have a departure tax. It's included on your airline ticket, except in certain countries that it's separate. Both the USA and UK charge departure taxes but you don't see them unless you delve into the codes on your ticket.

I think you'll find that extra cash could be the clincher for some families switching from 2 weeks in FL to the Costa Del Sol especially during hard times such as now. As I read it, ESTA is a per person fee so a family of 4 could pay £36 which is more than £9.
Considering that to Orlando could cost a family of four upwards of £1640 total just to fly there, whereas on Queasyjet it could cost £200 (inc baggage for four) to the Canaries, I hardly think that £36 is going to make that much of a difference to those who can afford Orlando.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 10:46 pm
Banned

igotheesta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lansbury
Haven't you noticed the sharp decline in posts from people wanting to move to Florida after being on holiday there?. I put it down to that $14 fee myself.
I think that is more down to the recent Florida Paradise Lost program aired on the ITV the other week. Ironically they probably started to charging to get income coming in to clear their debts. Perhaps or government should start doing the same get a bit of money in to get us on top of this debt problem.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by igotheesta
I think that is more down to the recent Florida Paradise Lost program aired on the ITV the other week.
Ya think? I heard it was 'cos word got around that you were going to be there.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 11:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Come off it. If £9 is such a problem, you probably shouldn't be going in the first place...
It won't be a problem, but if your comparing a trip to Boston or Montreal...you might go with the one that doesn't have the entry tax and hassle...
Old Sep 13th 2010, 1:17 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by igotheesta
I think that is more down to the recent Florida Paradise Lost program aired on the ITV the other week. Ironically they probably started to charging to get income coming in to clear their debts. Perhaps or government should start doing the same get a bit of money in to get us on top of this debt problem.
FFS I was taking the p*ss. At least I was being intentionally stupid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.