Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

VSC I-751 What To Make Of Mail Received

VSC I-751 What To Make Of Mail Received

Old Oct 17th 2003, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Leonette is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Rete!

Here's maybe some hope that Jim will get his removal of conditions in time...

I received a priority package from Vermont today containing the Photo's and Cards that I had sent in with the I-751 package.

There was also a small note enclosed stating that we had or will soon be receiving a Notice of Action regarding our case and that the items they were returning were no longer needed.

We've not received an NOA as of yet... what do you make of that? I don't think i've ever seen anything like this happening before have you?
Old Oct 17th 2003, 10:05 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leonette

I received a priority package from Vermont today containing the Photo's and Cards that I had sent in with the I-751 package.

There was also a small note enclosed stating that we had or will soon be receiving a Notice of Action regarding our case and that the items they were returning were no longer needed.

We've not received an NOA as of yet... what do you make of that? I don't think i've ever seen anything like this happening before have you?
Now that is an interesting piece of news. Not sure what to make of it. I know that the USCIS, f/k/a BCIS and INS, a/k/a Legacy INS, is undergoing tremedous changes in procedural methods in regards to the processing of AOS. Since removal of conditions is part and parcel of the AOS processing, it would appear that that, too, is being revamped.

Are they going to approve Claude out of hand in a matter of weeks/months (believe you only recently mailed in the I-751) or has your petition been earmarked for an interview in Philly? Don't have a clue. You are the first person to report this type of response from a service center.

So how is the Jim's fellow Canuck/Ottawian kinsman doing?

Rete
Old Oct 18th 2003, 3:09 am
Just Joined

Leonette is an unknown quantity at this point

Noooo......our I-751 NOA date is 3/15/2002
So we've been waiting 19 months..

We went to philly first of august for another stamp in his passport and a few weeks later received the new additional one year extension letter..

The meter date on the this package from Vermont was Oct. 15th... so i'm hoping it's coinciding with our first original I-751 NOA (3/15/02).

Claude still hasn't sent in the N-400... I guess he's in no hurry and i'm just not gonna do this paperwork for him...
Old Oct 18th 2003, 3:23 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Okay CRS moment there.

I forgot Claude became a PR before Jim although he entered the US on a K-1 what? two years after Jim?

Okay you are 3/15 and you heard from them. That means they might get to April by mid-November. Hmmmm still not good for us but looking forward to hearing the altest on your status when it happens.

Rete

Originally posted by Leonette
Noooo......our I-751 NOA date is 3/15/2002
So we've been waiting 19 months..

We went to philly first of august for another stamp in his passport and a few weeks later received the new additional one year extension letter..

The meter date on the this package from Vermont was Oct. 15th... so i'm hoping it's coinciding with our first original I-751 NOA (3/15/02).

Claude still hasn't sent in the N-400... I guess he's in no hurry and i'm just not gonna do this paperwork for him...