Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

VISA Waiver of Inelligibilty Renewal

VISA Waiver of Inelligibilty Renewal

Old May 11th 2023, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Georgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond repute
Default VISA Waiver of Inelligibilty Renewal

Hi All

I'm a british citizen and was issued a 5 year VISA waiver of inelligibility in Feb 19 and that expires in Feb 24. I was charged with GBH in 1999 and 2001 (angry teenager!!) and have not broke any law since those dates and went on to qualify as a chartered accountant. I travelled to the US for business, as my current employer is owned by a US company, in Feb 2020 with no problems other than a slightly longer check at the border and returned home the same month not outstaying my welcome.

I have applied to renew as a i have a trip booked to orlando with the family in April 2024 (2 months outside of my curent VISA), my question is based on their being no changes to my circumstances, no visiting any dodgy places outside of europe along with a US trip on my curent VISA with no issues, how likely are they to renew my VISA at my interview on the 2nd August ie.e is it a formaility???

I was hoping that anoither VISA interview wouldnt be neccesary but apparently it is and that's got me panicking slightly??

I understand that this is only your opinion and all down to the person on the day but would be helpful to hear of your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 11th 2023, 11:11 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VISA Waiver of Inelligibilty Renewal

Expect exactly the same process as you experienced before. No more, no less.
Old May 11th 2023, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Georgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond repute

Understood but would the fact that I've already been granted one with no issues at all have a positive effect on my chances of renewal?? Thanks for your reply.
Old May 11th 2023, 11:18 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Of course it will weigh in your favor. How could it not?