US vaccination requirements

Old Nov 3rd 2022, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

epiphanyuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US vaccination requirements

I'm applying for a green card. Currently at the NVC stage,

First question - I'm pretty sure (like most of us) I received the necessary vaccinations when I was a kid (e.g. at school). Do they need to be more recent than this?

Secondly, I read that you have to provide your medical and vaccination history to the panel physician at the medical. Would I just need to get this from my GP before the appointment?

Thank you all.
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US vaccination requirements

Originally Posted by epiphanyuk

First question - I'm pretty sure (like most of us) I received the necessary vaccinations when I was a kid (e.g. at school). Do they need to be more recent than this?

Secondly, I read that you have to provide your medical and vaccination history to the panel physician at the medical. Would I just need to get this from my GP before the appointment?

Thank you all.
I had the medical end of 2021, yes get as much info as you can from GP, if you cant then they can do bloodwork to see what you need. Vaccine requirements are different in US and UK so be prepared to get a few shots and also the covid shot (regardless of whether you have natural antibodies or recent covid). I needed maybe 3 shots that I had previously had in UK but over 10 yrs ago and so not up to date by their requirements plus a regular flu jab (never had one before)
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

epiphanyuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! Did you get the shots from your GP or the physician in London?

I just found this - https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugee...cant-Age-p.pdf

I think I can see the three that I might need based on age (plus flu). Like you said I guess a blood test is the way to go.

Last edited by epiphanyuk; Nov 3rd 2022 at 4:47 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you! Did you get the shots from your GP or the physician in London?

I just found this - https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugee...cant-Age-p.pdf

I think I can see the three that I might need based on age (plus flu). Like you said I guess a blood test is the way to go.
I was already in the USA (adjusting status). I was told what I need at the medical and I then got the shots at a CVS and emailed vaccine proof to the medical centre. it was all covered by my insurance.
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 4:19 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all.
I also did AOS in the US sponsored by employer. I did my medical at a place called “Green Card Medical” in NYC. They got what they could from my childhood records, but it was not in english and complete so they just gave me/boosted everything on the day for a few $100. Could have gone else where to save money, but charged it to work to save time.

Assume you already have this form to review:
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...orms/i-693.pdf

Old May 9th 2023, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

mum2mom23 has a reputation beyond reputemum2mom23 has a reputation beyond reputemum2mom23 has a reputation beyond reputemum2mom23 has a reputation beyond reputemum2mom23 has a reputation beyond reputemum2mom23 has a reputation beyond reputemum2mom23 has a reputation beyond reputemum2mom23 has a reputation beyond reputemum2mom23 has a reputation beyond reputemum2mom23 has a reputation beyond reputemum2mom23 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
I had the medical end of 2021, yes get as much info as you can from GP, if you cant then they can do bloodwork to see what you need. Vaccine requirements are different in US and UK so be prepared to get a few shots and also the covid shot (regardless of whether you have natural antibodies or recent covid). I needed maybe 3 shots that I had previously had in UK but over 10 yrs ago and so not up to date by their requirements plus a regular flu jab (never had one before)

Hi all - just wanted to ask a question similar to this.

I have asked for my medical history from the GP but it doesn't show any vaccines at all. I have definitely had all my childhood vaccines so I am a bit confused. I have followed the links above and can see that I will probably need Td/Tdap, MMR, Varicella, and the influenza vaccines. Shall I preemptively get these prior to my medical later in the year, or would they be able to do the vaccines at the medical dependent on blood results? I don't want anything to hold up my visa application as my husband will be leaving for the US in September and I don't want to slow down us joining him. I have vaccines for my kids in a couple of weeks to get them vaccinated according to the US school requirements so wondering if I should just do these three for myself at the same time.

Do you think there would be any other issues at the medical given my medical history is virtually non existent and there are no other signs of childhood vaccinations. I assume it is because the records were not digitised then and it was just all via the red book?
Old May 9th 2023, 3:29 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all.
Here is the link to current CDC requirements. I found it of particular interest to read the ** notes on polio. I remember my parent’s relief when the Salk vaccine first came out and then the later family outings to get the sugar cubes of the oral Sabin vaccine. That disease had been on the edge of being eradicated. But now, it seems that UK and US residents need an inoculation within the last 12 months.
Old May 9th 2023, 3:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smithtranters
Hi all - just wanted to ask a question similar to this.

I have asked for my medical history from the GP but it doesn't show any vaccines at all. I have definitely had all my childhood vaccines so I am a bit confused. I have followed the links above and can see that I will probably need Td/Tdap, MMR, Varicella, and the influenza vaccines. Shall I preemptively get these prior to my medical later in the year, or would they be able to do the vaccines at the medical dependent on blood results? I don't want anything to hold up my visa application as my husband will be leaving for the US in September and I don't want to slow down us joining him. I have vaccines for my kids in a couple of weeks to get them vaccinated according to the US school requirements so wondering if I should just do these three for myself at the same time.

Do you think there would be any other issues at the medical given my medical history is virtually non existent and there are no other signs of childhood vaccinations. I assume it is because the records were not digitised then and it was just all via the red book?
That's odd, mine and my husband's are all recorded and we're in our late forties/early fifties. I'd ask your GP's surgery about it, possibly they just haven't added the records electronically for some reason, but they should have them. Did you definitely ask for your vaccination record, rather than medical summary? You need both for the medical, our vaccines aren't on the medical summary though.

You can get the vaccines done at the docs in Knightsbridge, but it will cost you more. So if you can get any done via the NHS or even somewhere like Boots that is cheaper, that would potentially save quite a bit of money. Note re: the varicella vaccine, that requirement is waived as it's not one we are given in the UK.

Good luck.
Old May 9th 2023, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

mum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond repute

My vaccination history was available from my UK GP, even though I know it was on a paper card back in the day. I had to have a tetanus because it was over 10 years and had to get MMR because I had rubella (think that was the one) done at school so record wasn't at GP.
Old May 10th 2023, 2:38 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I would not be worried about not having the vaccination records. The chart of what is needed is age appropriate and since you come from a well developed country it is assumed that you have had the usual childhood vaccinations.

If you can get the missing ones at no charge from your GP, then do so and get proof of having gotten them. Note that the chicken pox vaccination is not available in the UK so that is not a worry.
Old May 10th 2023, 9:49 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

I certainly did not experience Rete's assumption that since I came from a well developed country.....
mine and my ex-husbabnd's childhood medical records had been destroyed in Scotland after having been out of the country for more than 10 years.
I took form https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...orms/i-693.pdf to my dr here and said that the blanks needed to be filled. Between blood tests and a few extra vaccines, I was fine and the cost was covered by our health insurance.
If you get the civil surgeon to do the missing vaccines then your health insurance may not cover it.

Old May 11th 2023, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Here is the link to current CDC requirements. I found it of particular interest to read the ** notes on polio. I remember my parent’s relief when the Salk vaccine first came out and then the later family outings to get the sugar cubes of the oral Sabin vaccine. That disease had been on the edge of being eradicated. But now, it seems that UK and US residents need an inoculation within the last 12 months.
Well, people are dumb and do not take their vaccines, in the shame of freedummmmbbbssssss!