Visa soon to be out of status

Old Sep 6th 2018, 6:18 am
Just Joined

tdh_dashing is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa soon to be out of status

Hi,

I am on H1B visa and my project is about to get over in November but might extend for few more months. My visa is valid till December first week. My employer does not have any other project on which visa can be extended. My employer is willing to extend visa on the existing project considering that the project might extend. But this doesn't look to be full proof.

What should be done in this scenario? Wait for the H1 result to come? Or still look outside(although only 3 months are left) for a new employer who can file extension on some project? Or if there is any other solution, please let me know.

Thank you.
Old Sep 6th 2018, 11:41 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa soon to be out of status

You can't 'file extension' with another employer. It will be entirely new.

The other solution is really quite simple, return home. You should be maintaining a residence in another country anyway in anticipation of this happening.
Old Sep 6th 2018, 12:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Are you a troll? First you ask in one post about how can you validate your marriage so your wife can get an H-4 derivative visa based on yours and now you are telling us you only have a few months left on that visa.

I honestly don't think I'm crazy but your posts are very trollish.
Old Sep 6th 2018, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Hi civilservant,

Thanks for your response. I meant to say if I switch to another company (which is difficult now considering very less time left), then can't the new company file extension? Also they will have to start H1 transfer.

Not sure if this is a safe route. Please suggest. Or coming on my wife's H4 will be better?
Old Sep 6th 2018, 4:11 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I meant to say if I switch to another company (which is difficult now considering very less time left), then can't the new company file extension? Also they will have to start H1 transfer.
Of course if you find a new company to sponsor you they can file for you, you would not be subject to the cap, but that doesn't mean it's the same visa. You might also have to go abroad to have the new visa stamped, not sure on that one.

Or coming on my wife's H4 will be better?
Her H4 is tied to your H1B. If yours ends hers ends.

Based on what you have said, I would seriously be planning your return to your home country as a contingency.
Old Sep 6th 2018, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

Hi Rete,

Please do not mix the two scenarios. One post is on behalf of my friend.

Thanks.
Old Sep 6th 2018, 4:12 pm
Often not so civil...

One post is on behalf of my friend.
Of course it is.....
Old Sep 6th 2018, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, for the confusion. If I can come on my wife's H1 visa as H4.
Old Sep 6th 2018, 4:16 pm
Often not so civil...

Yes you could, but you cannot work. Even volunteer work, unless it is a position that no one ever gets paid for.
Old Sep 6th 2018, 4:16 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tdh_dashing
Hi Rete,

Thanks.
It's you who's mixing things up. Get your friend to open his/her own BE account and ask their own questions.
Old Sep 6th 2018, 4:35 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rete,

Thanks.
The one where you said, "Now my wife needs to come on my H4 visa."?
Old Sep 6th 2018, 4:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rete,

Thanks.
If it is, then please ask your friend to open their own account and ask their own questions, thx.
Old Sep 6th 2018, 5:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, for the confusion. If I can come on my wife's H1 visa as H4.
Yes, you can get an H4 based on your wife's current H1 visa. However, you would not be able to work. Can her income support both of you?

Rene
Old Sep 7th 2018, 3:26 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
but that doesn't mean it's the same visa. You might also have to go abroad to have the new visa stamped, not sure on that
It would most likely be an updated status, meaning he’d only need a new visa if he left the country and wanted to return. He’d then have to get the visa while outside the country.