Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Visa required to enter USA with UK Passport?

Visa required to enter USA with UK Passport?

Old Dec 2nd 2009, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Wooglin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa required to enter USA with UK Passport?

Hello. I am a dual Canadian-UK citizen who will be getting his UK passport soon ( I hope!). I am flying Buffalo to London return in March. I will likely use my Canadian passport, but would it be a hassle to use the UK one to enter the US? Do you need a special visa or paperwork if you are using a UK passport?
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 3:10 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa required to enter USA with UK Passport?

Use your Canadian passport.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks. Sorry I posted this in the wrong section. Could someone please transfer it to the regular threads.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian ppt will be less hassle. If you're going to use the UK ppt, you'll have to do an ESTA preclearance first, and enter the US on the Visa Waiver Program.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bill_S
Canadian ppt will be less hassle. If you're going to use the UK ppt, you'll have to do an ESTA preclearance first, and enter the US on the Visa Waiver Program.
That's what I was thinking about then, the waiver program. Thanks. It would be best to stick to the CDN passport then. Cheers.