Extend L1B Visa query

Old Dec 1st 2009, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

jackar99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Extend L1B Visa query

Is it true that L1B extensions get rejected and more so lately ? My
company is filing for an L1B extension with only 2 months to go. I thought it was just an administrative thing that a company is allowed to extend the visa and immigration would automatically grant it.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extend L1B Visa query

Originally Posted by jackar99
Is it true that L1B extensions get rejected...
Yes. Any application can be rejected.

... and more so lately ?
There's nothing that really supports this assertion one way or the other.

I thought it was just an administrative thing that a company is allowed to extend the visa and immigration would automatically grant it.
Nothing is automatic where US immigration is concerned.

Ian
Old Dec 1st 2009, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

Is it true that L1B extensions get rejected and more so lately ? My
company is filing for an L1B extension with only 2 months to go. I thought it was just an administrative thing that a company is allowed to extend the visa and immigration would automatically grant it.
There is a principal movement of the USCIS to scrutinize L1B abd L1a applications because of obvious abuse by some offshore companies.

Reasons:

The US government mainly protect american jobs for american's and permanent residents.
This leads to more RFE's and rejections. However every case is different

and if company has a solid documentation you will be fine.

Kind regards
CCR
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 2:11 am
Just Joined

jackar99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well as I work for a large american multinational company I'm guessing the visa extension should, in theory go through ok, so there should be no real surprises.

Thanks for the comments.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

Well as I work for a large american multinational company I'm guessing the visa extension should, in theory go through ok, so there should be no real surprises.

Thanks for the comments.
Yeak you will fine. I did the same for my L1A and the process was a really smooth ride . I didn't extend but I also didn't receive a RFE or anything else

Kind Regards
CCR