Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Visa B2 Re-enter USA from Canada after 6 months

Visa B2 Re-enter USA from Canada after 6 months

Old Jun 4th 2011, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

jean888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa B2 Re-enter USA from Canada after 6 months

Hello,

I spent 6 months in USA with a visa B2, and it's been almost 6 months since I am in Canada.
Now, I want to go back for a few weeks in USA, would it be okay?

Please post your comments, thank you!
Old Jun 4th 2011, 10:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa B2 Re-enter USA from Canada after 6 months

Originally Posted by jean888
Now, I want to go back for a few weeks in USA, would it be okay?
What's your citizenship? What's your status in Canada?

I think you'll be fine... but I'm not the CBP officer who'll be deciding your fate. You might be allowed to enter... you might not. You'll never know until you try.

Ian
Old Jun 4th 2011, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

Well, I am from France. I got my bachelor last year, then took a gap year, travelling and trying to improve my English in the same time. I am staying in Quebec right now, as a tourist.
I'm kind of worried, because I know that some people tried to stay just a few weeks in Canada, then try to re-enter and got denied.(even if I'm not in the same situation)

Thanks for your help!
Old Jun 5th 2011, 12:01 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I am from France. I got my bachelor last year, then took a gap year, travelling and trying to improve my English in the same time. I am staying in Quebec right now, as a tourist.
I'm kind of worried, because I know that some people tried to stay just a few weeks in Canada, then try to re-enter and got denied.(even if I'm not in the same situation)

Thanks for your help!
I suggest you have a plane ticket or itinerary to show when you will return to France. Also, the US may be concerned that Canada may not let you back in.

When are you going home?
Old Jun 5th 2011, 12:15 am
Just Joined

I want to go home mid-July from Florida, but I didn't book my flight yet since I prefer to be sure that I could go back in USA.
Do you think that would be okay if I say to the CBP officers that I just want to stay in the US until July?

thank you
Old Jun 5th 2011, 2:00 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I want to go home mid-July from Florida, but I didn't book my flight yet since I prefer to be sure that I could go back in USA.
Do you think that would be okay if I say to the CBP officers that I just want to stay in the US until July?

thank you
You can try. But my guess is that they will want to see proof of your onward journey leaving the USA.

Rene
Old Jun 5th 2011, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Okay I'll get a proof!

Thanks!