visa

Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

Loum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa

Hi there,

a couple of weeks ago I posted about me and my boyfriend getting married and me moving to the states. Looking through , the reality looks like after his divorce is through (still waiting for other parties to sign something!) that it'll take between a year and 18 months, dependent on how lucky we are and everyone signs everything etc.

I have applied for a transfer to the states with work, i work for an international company , but this is something they don't like doing, we have a full recruitment freeze on in the UK.

Would it be worth me going there on a 3 month tourist visa and looking for jobs there? so i'm actually out there? or , is it best to just bight the bullet and continue to live in the airport for a while?
Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: visa

Not work authorised

Current economic situation in the US

You better be something special....
Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

Loum is an unknown quantity at this point

thats what i thought, but you never know do you...

urgh...

i have just got back from visiting said boyfriend... so clutching at straws a little bit... i always feel very desperate for the first few days coming back
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loum
Looking through , the reality looks like after his divorce is through (still waiting for other parties to sign something!) that it'll take between a year and 18 months, dependent on how lucky we are and everyone signs everything etc.
After his divorce is through, and he has the divorce decree in hand, you guys can get started on a K-1 fiance visa for you to come to the USA and marry him. That process only takes about 6 - 8 months (not the 12 - 18 you stated), so things aren't as bleak as you think.

Rene
Old Apr 30th 2009, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loum
Would it be worth me going there on a 3 month tourist visa and looking for jobs there? so i'm actually out there?
There is nothing to prevent you from looking for a job, interviewing for a position, getting a job offer, or accepting a position. The only thing you can't do is sign any papers. Of course, for an employer, that might be the sticking point... but you are perfectly okay to do the job search up to the paper signing part.

Ian