Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Very worried now...lack of A-number

Very worried now...lack of A-number

Old Oct 18th 2003, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Very worried now...lack of A-number

I don't know what else I can do... I mailed in my I129f in early Aug, however I've never received a NOA. I knew the money order was cashed (stupid of me to send a money order I suppose), because I called Western Union. Well, I've now called CIS twice requesting a NOA be sent to me and haven't received anything yet!!.

In the meantime I was able to request a copy of the cashed money order, which just arrived, but there was nothing resembling an A-number on there! I assume the A-number would be handwritten? It looks like there could have been something written on the back but not even one letter/digit is legible! I don't trust CIS to get me the NOA, so is there ANY other way to obtain my A-number???? I'm really concerned about this as I have no way of checking my status, or even doing an inquiry check. Can my congressmen possibly help with this, or do they also need an A-number to help?? Any suggestions anyone?? Do you know if I can request Western Union to send me the actual cashed money order??

Thanks all!
Sunny
Old Oct 18th 2003, 3:00 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Very worried now...lack of A-number

Why are you looking for an A#? You need to look for the case number. Ours started with EC ... are there any numbers written on the cancelled MO? The case number is the number you will plug into the USCIS status site for info on your petition.

Rete

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
I don't know what else I can do... I mailed in my I129f in early Aug, however I've never received a NOA. I knew the money order was cashed (stupid of me to send a money order I suppose), because I called Western Union. Well, I've now called CIS twice requesting a NOA be sent to me and haven't received anything yet!!.

In the meantime I was able to request a copy of the cashed money order, which just arrived, but there was nothing resembling an A-number on there! I assume the A-number would be handwritten? It looks like there could have been something written on the back but not even one letter/digit is legible! I don't trust CIS to get me the NOA, so is there ANY other way to obtain my A-number???? I'm really concerned about this as I have no way of checking my status, or even doing an inquiry check. Can my congressmen possibly help with this, or do they also need an A-number to help?? Any suggestions anyone?? Do you know if I can request Western Union to send me the actual cashed money order??

Thanks all!
Sunny
Old Oct 18th 2003, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete
Why are you looking for an A#? You need to look for the case number. Ours started with EC ... are there any numbers written on the cancelled MO? The case number is the number you will plug into the USCIS status site for info on your petition.

Rete
My bad, I guess I see so many different terms for numbers, I just assumed that A-number was the correct term to use. There are no written numbers of any kind that are legible. And this is a string of how many numbers? 11? or 13? I can't remember
Old Oct 18th 2003, 3:30 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
My bad, I guess I see so many different terms for numbers, I just assumed that A-number was the correct term to use. There are no written numbers of any kind that are legible. And this is a string of how many numbers? 11? or 13? I can't remember
Ooops ours started with EAC - 98 - xxx - xxxxx (total of 10) The 98 was the year.

Although something is tickling my memory that it should have been 11 and that we needed to put a 0 in the front. Don't remember clearly though.
Old Oct 18th 2003, 4:21 am
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

It's 10 long. (# of letters + # of numbers = 10)
Old Oct 18th 2003, 5:02 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

The A# is 9 characters, 1 alpha (A) and 8 numeric.

The Receipt Number is 13 characters, 3 alpha (designating the SC) and 10 numeric, exactly as Rete showed it.

Originally posted by Simon&Vik
It's 10 long. (# of letters + # of numbers = 10)