Very scared, please advise.

Old Jan 27th 2006, 12:22 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Very scared, please advise.

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
Hey, I’m not playing any games whatsoever, and I think the “suggestion” was way over the line. Will you please delete it? I did report the thread, but it seems no action is going to be taken. Why not?

No, I am not deleting the thread or closing it. It was a valid and informative thread until the bull started. I have not participated as a poster and/or as a moderator, if you cared to note either action and/or inaction. The thread, however, is being monitored by the administrators as you will note and any decisions are theirs.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 12:26 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
No, I am not deleting the thread or closing it. It was a valid and informative thread until the bull started. I have not participated as a poster and/or as a moderator, if you cared to note either action and/or inaction. The thread, however, is being monitored by the administrators as you will note and any decisions are theirs.
Good, as I reported it to them last evening too (I honestly don't feel I can rely on the mods to do the right thing). I hope they can see through this apparent agenda by some and take the appropriate action. I've done nothing wrong here. The "bull" didn't start with me nor am I keeping it going.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 12:39 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

The mods are doing the right thing, all reported posts are reviewed and action is taken when necessary. In this particular case you will see the reported posts were deleted.

Judging by the last page of this thread there seems to be plenty of "bull" going around.

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
Good, as I reported it to them last evening too (I honestly don't feel I can rely on the mods to do the right thing). I hope they can see through this apparent agenda by some and take the appropriate action. I've done nothing wrong here. The "bull" didn't start with me nor am I keeping it going.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:21 am
Just Joined

maxalt is just really nicemaxalt is just really nicemaxalt is just really nicemaxalt is just really nicemaxalt is just really nicemaxalt is just really nicemaxalt is just really nicemaxalt is just really nicemaxalt is just really nice

To those who gave advice, thank you - a lot was taken onboard and used.

As for any underlying intent in some (or none) of the replies, this was also useful.

When all's said and done this thread has been extremely useful and has steered me in the right direction.

Again, thanks

Not-so-scared.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 4:07 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
What language does he have to watch? And now you are a moderator as well?

Enough of this bull ... if you want to play games go to the lounge and/or TIO and that is you, fatbrit and Matt.

You are using a legitimate visa forum connected to the usenet for your games by not allowing your posts to go there. That means you want to only allow BE members to play in your games.

As for legitimate replies to posts marking them not to Usenet is not fair in my opinion. You are deliberately breaking up a legitimate thread. Deliberately leave out information? Why? Are you attempting to make this a PRIVATE SITE only forum? If not, what is the reason for the exclusion of the world to your replies?

Rete

What are you on about?
Old Jan 27th 2006, 4:53 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by maxalt
I'll keep this as short as possible.
Timeline:

Met my (now) wife on the 'net in August 2000
Came over from UK 12th Sep 2000 with 2way ticket intending to return back to UK.
Married mid Oct
Both returned to UK 01 Dec 2000 and came back to USA 2 weeks later.
Filed for Tax ID # shortly after.
June 30th 2005 (yes, 2005) Filed I-485 along with application for a travel permit.
July 2005: Applied for work permit/SSN/Drivers licence - received without a problem.
Dec 21 2005 both visited family in UK under I-512L.
Jan 3 2006 arrived back in USA.
Jan 13 AOS interview.

This week, "It appears you are inadmissable under section 212(a)(9)(B)(i)(II) of the INA<snip>

......accrued six(?)years and 5 months of unlawful presence, therefore you are not eligible to AOS until Dec 2015

Section 212(a)(9)(B)(v) provides a waiver of this provision..."

I've never been in trouble (Except a speeding ticket) and I've never worked illegally.

Basically we're scared to death, can anybody shed some light on what will happen to us, or me?

Coming in on the end of this post BUT I had a lawyer who was terrible on my AOS and the very first thing he discussed was the whole AP issue for an overstay. I am thinking your lawyer may not have been very well versed in immigration. Frankly though, the lawyer is the least of your problems. I really think that even though some of the immigration officials details may not be 100% correct, the fact is you travelled when you were out of status and that automatically has you a 10 year ban. From here your decision is, do you want to throw a lot of money into an immigration attorney to try and fight your case OR get on with your life and make plans to live abroad. Something else that is always a problem also here is that with the VWP you sign that you have no right to appeal an immigration decision and I know it has been said before that it is still possible, to me it is another hurdle to cross.
I am extremely sorry for you both that your AOS has gone sour but you must have realised that this was always a real possibility when you had overstayed for 5 years.
Patrick
Old Jan 27th 2006, 11:56 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I think this thread has run it's course and so I am closing it.