vaccination supplement

Old Dec 22nd 2002, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

groovy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default vaccination supplement

Hi all !

I am here, in the middle of the holiday happiness with another question for the NG.

As almost everyone knows by now I came on k1 a month ago and now I am workig my AOS out. I have lots of doubts but right now the most important is referring a form called I 693 medical exam that as they say is not for medical exam (I already had mine in my home country for k1) but for something called vaccination supplement.

So, can I file my AOS without this form or do I really have to make an appoinment with an authorized doctor before I file and have him see me :-(

Anyone with experience in CT ?

please....

Happy Holidays !
Love,
groovy
Old Dec 22nd 2002, 3:40 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: vaccination supplement

You do not require the medical supplement. Perfectly fine to file without it. As a K-1 recipient you are free from requiring a medical supplement for at least one year. It says so right in the instruction sheet ;-)

Rita

Originally posted by groovy
Hi all !

I am here, in the middle of the holiday happiness with another question for the NG.

As almost everyone knows by now I came on k1 a month ago and now I am workig my AOS out. I have lots of doubts but right now the most important is referring a form called I 693 medical exam that as they say is not for medical exam (I already had mine in my home country for k1) but for something called vaccination supplement.

So, can I file my AOS without this form or do I really have to make an appoinment with an authorized doctor before I file and have him see me :-(

Anyone with experience in CT ?

please....

Happy Holidays !
Love,
groovy
Old Dec 22nd 2002, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

groovy is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Rete
You do not require the medical supplement. Perfectly fine to file without it. As a K-1 recipient you are free from requiring a medical supplement for at least one year. It says so right in the instruction sheet ;-)

Rita

Thank you Rita aka Rete ! :-)

I am worried because it seems like things are changing and this is what the I-485 says:

" Fiance(e)s - If you are a K1 fiance(e) or dependant who had a medical exam within the past year as required for the non immigrant fiance(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. YOU MAY INCLUDE the vaccination supplement WITH YOUR AOS application"

They include a form I 693 medical examination of aliens seeking AOS with the rest of the forms.

I am totally confused.

Best,
groovy

Again: anybody in CT?
Old Dec 22nd 2002, 10:54 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by groovy
Originally posted by Rete

Rita

Thank you Rita aka Rete ! :-)

I am worried because it seems like things are changing and this is what the I-485 says:

" Fiance(e)s - If you are a K1 fiance(e) or dependant who had a medical exam within the past year as required for the non immigrant fiance(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. YOU MAY INCLUDE the vaccination supplement WITH YOUR AOS application"

They include a form I 693 medical examination of aliens seeking AOS with the rest of the forms.

I am totally confused.

Best,
groovy

Again: anybody in CT?
Groovy

Yes, I saw that on the new I-485 instructions last year. However, at the time of filing, it is not required. Note the words "You may include". It does not say "you must include".

Check out Jenna's posts, she is using Hartford. You can also check out the Hartford filing experiences on the experience pages.

Rita a/k/a Rete
Old Dec 22nd 2002, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

kjdrga is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Here is our situation...

My question is my husband had his medical before Arpil 2002 when his K1 visa was issued. We filed for AOS in Oct. 2002 and have a interview for May 2002, does he need to have the medical all over again?

We were not given copies of his immunization shots that were given to him at the clinic for his visa so we do not know what supplements shots he needs, there is a copy of that in his file at INS.