Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Using ESTA multiple times to enter USA

Using ESTA multiple times to enter USA

Old Jul 20th 2015, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Racheld26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Using ESTA multiple times to enter USA

Hey! I came across this site after just watching boarder control which as led me to be worried about coming to the USA. Last year I went travelling to the USA for a month, during this time I met a guy, which I stayed in touch and one year later were going out.

Anyway I currently travel using the ESTA, after my months stay last July, I came back to the USA to visit my boyfriend In April for ten days, I then came back the end of June for another ten days. I have booked my ticket and I am planning on going back out mid August for 3.5 weeks until my semester at uni starts but I was hoping on going back out there in December. The reason I travel out there is because i have a lot more flexibility then my boyfriend so its just easier.

I have a job and I am also a nursing student, I always take my own money ( Probably not as much as when i'd travel alone because I'm staying with my boyfriend) but enough and also have bank cards. I still live with parents so I obviously don't have proof of renting like I've read you should have. Anyways after reading some posts on people being refused I'm feeling anxious that I've visited to many times?
Old Jul 20th 2015, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Using ESTA multiple times to enter USA

You're spending far more time out of the US than in so you should be fine. Your pattern of visits is pretty similar to what I did, albeit many years ago now, when first visiting my now wife in the US and I never had any problems. If anything, establishing a pattern of occasional short visits improves your profile.

It'd be a good idea to bring evidence you're returning to a job / uni course, just in case, but don't proffer it unless asked.
Old Jul 20th 2015, 12:49 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Using ESTA multiple times to enter USA

Originally Posted by Racheld26
Anyways after reading some posts on people being refused I'm feeling anxious that I've visited to many times?
I suggest you stop reading! If what you're looking for are posts about people being refused, that's what you're going to focus on. I don't see anything in your travel pattern that indicates a problem of any kind.

Ian