USCIS Officers....

Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

lulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud of
Default Re: USCIS Officers....

*looks sheepish* Ok Noorah m'dear - I will use spell check from now on!!

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I thought BE had a spell checker and also a way of editing a post to correct mistakes
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I thought BE had a spell checker...
Spell checker? We don't need no stinkin' spell checker!

Ian
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

violator_dm will become famous soon enoughviolator_dm will become famous soon enough

Here are a couple of thoughts for all those haters...

A person with a college degree will earn about $1 million more in their lifetime than people without one.

You have a position open. You have two resumes. One is from a college graduate. Another one from someone with a high school diploma. Who would you invite for an interview? (Now, let's be honest).

I find it completely odd that at the time when affordable college education is on the agenda of every politician, there are people who seem to think that you can go on in your life without it (education). Besides, people can graduate high school in the US without any knowledge of physics or chemistry. A fact. Ask my wife. Fortunately for her, she did go to school and is going to graduate with an MBA this year. Education is the best investment anyone can make.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:44 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by lulu204
Well I wish someone had told me that before starting my bloomin' course, not to mention the 'pretty good' jobs I've subsequently won as a direct result of the bloomin' course!

I could've saved my 'endurance ability' for something better....a career in immigration, perhaps?
No. You could've spent the time starting your own business and making yourself wealthier instead of settling for being employed in a "pretty good job" and making your employer wealthier, but that would take ambition and drive which are unfortunately not taught at university.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:47 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by violator_dm
You have a position open. You have two resumes. One is from a college graduate. Another one from someone with a high school diploma. Who would you invite for an interview? (Now, let's be honest).
The one who can do the job best. I've met total idiots with PhDs and absolute gems without a certificate to their name.

Generally, education is good. But it doesn't turn a twat into a useful human being.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:48 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

A person with a college degree will earn about $1 million more in their lifetime than people without one.

I find it completely odd that at the time when affordable college education is on the agenda of every politician, there are people who seem to think that you can go on in your life without it (education). Besides, people can graduate high school in the US without any knowledge of physics or chemistry. A fact. Ask my wife. Fortunately for her, she did go to school and is going to graduate with an MBA this year. Education is the best investment anyone can make.
Well, unfortunately it's called real life and not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to afford a college education.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:49 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

As someone that was ovbiously educated beyond high school I should have thought it would be obvious to you that the initial argument was that College/University education makes you smarter than a High School grad. Which is utter bollocks. While I agree that it may make the recipient smarter at the particular course/subject they studied it does not make someone smarter across the whole spectrum of education and general knowledge, infact there is a good argument that it is to it's detriment.

Last edited by Rushman; Jul 27th 2007 at 5:51 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fatbrit

Generally, education is good. But it doesn't turn a twat into a useful human being.
It would then be a antidote to alcohol.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

violator_dm will become famous soon enoughviolator_dm will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fatbrit
The one who can do the job best. I've met total idiots with PhDs and absolute gems without a certificate to their name.

You didn't answer the question though...
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:51 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

*looks sheepish* Ok Noorah m'dear - I will use spell check from now on!!

Could you refrain from addressing other posters as 'dear', 'sweetheart' et cetera unless you actually mean it AND you are sure that the person you are addressing would actually welcome such terms of endearment.

Given your record of posting so far, I expect the latter is unlikely to happen any time soon...
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

lulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud of

oo-er - you seem quite scary too!!!

Originally Posted by Elvira

Could you refrain from addressing other posters as 'dear', 'sweetheart' et cetera unless you actually mean it AND you are sure that the person you are addressing would actually welcome such terms of endearment.

Given your record of posting so far, I expect the latter is unlikely to happen any time soon...
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:55 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: USCIS Officers....

oo-er - you seem quite scary too!!!
You better believe it...

Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:57 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I find it completely odd that at the time when affordable college education is on the agenda of every politician, there are people who seem to think that you can go on in your life without it (education).
He was educated at Scaitcliffe School (now Bishopsgate School) until the age of thirteen. He then attended Stowe School until he was fifteen. Branson has dyslexia, resulting in poor academic performance as a student. He was the captain of football and cricket teams, and by the age of fifteen he had started two ventures that eventually failed: one growing Christmas trees and another raising budgerigars.

Poor bastard is only a multi billionaire now ..Who? ..Richard Branson ...
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't answer the question though...
In the days when I did interviews (a way back now), the applications were pre-filtered for qualification by the almighty HR department. So I always ignored the qualifications, anyway. Think my main determining factor in calling for interview was some spunk in the CV. If you wrote that in your spare time you climbed Everest or liked to sit in front of the telly playing with your balls, I'd call you for interview. If you said you went to the gym and were a member of the church choir, I somehow lost interest.
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl
Well, unfortunately it's called real life and not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to afford a college education.
I agree with you. I hope that colleges and universities will become more affordable. Education does not only help in finding a job, but most of those violent areas in the country have the lowest percentage of college graduates. There is a social effect of education that should not be ignored.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.