USCIS Officers....

Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

lulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud of
Default Re: USCIS Officers....

I LOVE that word 'Plebian'.....!

I'm going to try and use it in a sentence today, too....

Originally Posted by Rete
No it makes you more knowledgable. College material is available to everyone without having to pay the university fees. You just don't have the sheepskin to wave under the nose of the plebeians.

FWIW, your self-back-patting style only shows that you hold yourself above others with that I'm superior attitude, when in fact, it places you well beneath them.

Ignorance is not an excuse for breaking the law nor is overwork.

As for visajourney, go back and ask Steve where he got his ideas from. It was from alt.visa.us.marriage-based until he decided to open his own forum. Ask Steve who walked him through his wife's AOS ... they are all here ... Meauxna, Ian, Fatbrit, to name a few.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

lulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud of

Like i said earlier Sweetheart - I know nada about immigration in this country...as far as filling forms out, I just do what I'm told!

Thanks for clarifying though. It does indeed seem as though the front line faces are also the scapegoats....sad.

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I really don't get your "thing" with USCIS officers on the front line. I don't see any reason for them to be highly educated at all. As we have to pay a considerably higher salary to a more educated person, this would mean we would all need to pay considerably more for immigration benefits. The job is, I would guess, pretty mundane and repetitive for the most part, requiring rote learning rather than any great decision making.

Moreover, the problem does not lie with the front line staff at all but with those much higher up on the rungs. If you see a workplace that is grossly under performing, it is never the fault of the workers, IME, but rather the management. You're pissin' on the wrong people, here.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:42 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lulu204
As requested, here's the link to the website 'Visa Journey'..a superb one in my opinion - chance to vent AND share experiences!
(cant find the exact link to what I had quoted in this thread...it in that forum somewhere!)
Sure it is, for continued misinformation like you're spouting here.
Had you bothered to do *any* of your homework regarding immigration (and this is all from links in threads you participated in) you would already know and understand that "Law and policy have long supported the proposition that those applying for immigration benefits should bear the costs of their processing. Thus, in this final rule, USCIS continues to adopt a fee schedule to recover its costs through user fees."
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...QsAs052907.pdf

Now, I might not expect the typical venter at VJ to do his homework either, but you did say you had that Ivy League grade education, so I thought maybe you were made of sterner stuff.

As for not reading the posting guidelines 'because I'm tooo buuuuusy and important', well, that is another VJ symptom, and why you should consider continuing to get your factual information elsewhere and use it for venting (which is perfectly appropriate).
Reading the rules is a reasonable request when using someone else's free service... don't you think?
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

oo-er, you sound quite fierce love!

I'm not about to upset you further - I might have to go and sit on the 'naughty step'...

Hang on - let me go read these rules then so I can 'fam-il-iar-ise'....

Good job i have a Summer Friday today!

Originally Posted by meauxna
Sure it is, for continued misinformation like you're spouting here.
Had you bothered to do *any* of your homework regarding immigration (and this is all from links in threads you participated in) you would already know and understand that "Law and policy have long supported the proposition that those applying for immigration benefits should bear the costs of their processing. Thus, in this final rule, USCIS continues to adopt a fee schedule to recover its costs through user fees."
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...QsAs052907.pdf

Now, I might not expect the typical venter at VJ to do his homework either, but you did say you had that Ivy League grade education, so I thought maybe you were made of sterner stuff.

As for not reading the posting guidelines 'because I'm tooo buuuuusy and important', well, that is another VJ symptom, and why you should consider continuing to get your factual information elsewhere and use it for venting (which is perfectly appropriate).
Reading the rules is a reasonable request when using someone else's free service... don't you think?
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:46 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Like i said earlier Sweetheart - I know nada about immigration in this country...as far as filling forms out, I just do what I'm told!
I think one of the main skills I got from my higher education was how to research properly. These days you don't even need to go down the library to do it.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:48 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

oooh - imagine that though eh, if the officers at immigration DID work 80 hours a week? I'd have my card by now now....probably.

Simmer down Rete - you're CLEARLY the head honcho here and I'm not about to take that crown away from you. You know immigration, I don't. Good for you.

No I'm not a head honcho on immigration knowledge. That belongs to several others. I'm just a user and a moderator who does not abuse her moderator privileges.

I am calm. I abhor superior attitudes especially when the one with the attitude hasn't a clue about the person they are lauding it over. I also dislike people who cannot take criticizim without running a defense line of attack. All I did was point out to you that you were breaking the BE guidelines as well as Usenet Etiquette and Copyright Law. It would have been simplier for me to just delete your post in its entirety.

I also stated that IMO you do not need a college degree to be an adjudicator at the USCIS.

As for your case, there are extenuating circumstances. You received status through marriage to a USC, divorced, moved across the continent and have filed for a waiver for the removal of conditions. There is no way in god's little green acres that you would have been approved already.

Last edited by Rete; Jul 27th 2007 at 4:52 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

God bless the internet!

I think one of the main skills I got from my higher education was how to research properly. These days you don't even need to go down the library to do it.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I LOVE that word 'Plebian'.....!

I'm going to try and use it in a sentence today, too....

Spell it correctly though, Lulu. According to Oxford it is Plebeian.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Easssssy love - I can't handle words with more than one syllable on a laz summer friday!

I would only be worrying about my case if my marriage was not in 'good faith'....which it was so no matter how long it takes, I'm pretty sure I'll be fine, dear.

Take it easy and enjoy the rest of your day!

No I'm not a head honcho on immigration knowledge. That belongs to several others. I'm ust a user and a moderator who does not abuse the her moderator privileges.

I am calm. I abhor superior attitudes especially when the one with the attitude hasn't a clue about the person they are lauding it over. I also dislike people who cannot take criticizim without running a defense line of attack. All I did was point out to you that you were breaking the BE guidelines as well as Usenet Etiquette and Copyright Law. It would have been simplier for me to just delete your post in its entirety.

I also stated that IMO you do not need a college degree to be an adjudicator at the USCIS.

As for your case, there are extenuating circumstances. You received status through marriage to a USC, divorced, moved across the continent and have filed for a waiver for the removal of conditions. There is no way in god's little green acres that you would have been approved already.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

These DAMN typos... this is what happens when you type at 100wpm and skim read over a moderators thread.....

Its still my favourite word though - and I just used it here in the office!

Spell it correctly though, Lulu. According to Oxford it is Plebeian.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

BTW don't they have copyright infringment laws in the UK?
Fair use laws, some what different to the UK than here, but then we're not in the UK so it's irrelevant.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:16 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Fair use laws, some what different to the UK than here, but then we're not in the UK so it's irrelevant.
Ignore them! They're just a tool of global corporate imperialism.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

These DAMN typos... this is what happens when you type at 100wpm and skim read over a moderators thread.....
I thought BE had a spell checker and also a way of editing a post to correct mistakes
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The library comes to you....if your a kings college student...with broadband
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I thought BE had a spell checker and also a way of editing a post to correct mistakes
edit's only good for a couple hours, doesn't reflect in usenet posts though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.