USCIS Officers....

Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:20 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USCIS Officers....

And I went to a private college in New York and I didn't take the easy Bachelor of Arts degree course.

Here let me twist that nose back in position for ya!

BTW don't they have copyright infringment laws in the UK?
Forum Regular

lulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud of

You're not wrong there Jenney! Person does seem to have a case of the 'bitters'! As requested, here's the link to the website 'Visa Journey'..a superb one in my opinion - chance to vent AND share experiences!
(cant find the exact link to what I had quoted in this thread...it in that forum somewhere!)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...?showforum=116

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Could you please provide a link to where you read this?

It looks like it was written by someone angry about the way their immigration case was going and/or being handled who was just spouting off about USCIS. It does not sound like it was written by someone with inside knowledge of how USCIS hires its employees. So not only is it a biased viewpoint, but it's possible that it's also not entirely accurate. By providing the link then we can see the context in which these comments were written; at face value they mean very little.

PS. I think it's hysterical that the person the OP quoted chastises the USCIS officers' grammar skills, then immediately goes on to make a ton of grammar mistakes him/herself. For example, calling them "a bunch of loosers" -- I rest my case.

~ Jenney
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lulu204
Excuse me - I went to a *Ivy League equivalent* university in England....
Preston Poly?
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

lulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud of

Sadly, I wish it WAS in my dreams!!!....unfortunately, I still have the 25k (pounds) debt to prove it....

Originally Posted by Ray
In your dreams lady ....
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hahaha - you know - I DID consider that one until I heard it has the highest suicide rate of all the Unis/Polys in England!! FACT!!

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Preston Poly?
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Oh I'm sure they do...but who pays attention eh?

How many times have you copied a paragraph from a book at kinkos for distribution....same thing, ya know.

Originally Posted by Rete
And I went to a private college in New York and I didn't take the easy Bachelor of Arts degree course.

Here let me twist that nose back in position for ya!

BTW don't they have copyright infringment laws in the UK?
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:25 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Excuse me - I went to a *Ivy League equivalent* university in England....does that make me smarter than the average person with a high school diploma or a college dropout?? Yes it does,
NO it does not.

I doubt people with just a high school diploma could explain in full succinct detail Dante's Nine Circles of Hell...
and a fat lot of good that will do in earning you a comfortble living unless you have employment as a purveyor of useless and trivial information.

Another over educated student type with their head buried up their own arse.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Jealous?

Originally Posted by Rushman
NO it does not.

and a fat lot of good that will do in earning you a comfortble living unless you have employment as a purveyor of useless and trivial information.

Another over educated student type with their heads buried up their own arses.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:28 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Jealous?
Rushman is correct. Studying for degrees proves endurance ability and little else.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I'm sure they do...but who pays attention eh?

How many times have you copied a paragraph from a book at kinkos for distribution....same thing, ya know.
Never.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Well I wish someone had told me that before starting my bloomin' course, not to mention the 'pretty good' jobs I've subsequently won as a direct result of the bloomin' course!

I could've saved my 'endurance ability' for something better....a career in immigration, perhaps?

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Rushman is correct. Studying for degrees proves endurance ability and little else.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:34 pm
Concierge

Excuse me - I went to a *Ivy League equivalent* university in England....does that make me smarter than the average person with a high school diploma or a college dropout?? Yes it does, I'm afraid.
No it makes you more knowledgable. College material is available to everyone without having to pay the university fees. You just don't have the sheepskin to wave under the nose of the plebeians.

FWIW, your self-back-patting style only shows that you hold yourself above others with that I'm superior attitude, when in fact, it places you well beneath them.

I appreciate your expertise in this area Reete and also your position on this board. The advice that you keep people on this forum is undoubtedly invaluable, but I'm sorry, in between having an extremely busy 80 hour work week plus other heavy commitments, I did not manage to squeeze in the time to read your BE Guidelines...I dip in and out of this forum whenever I have five minutes to spare and spot a relevant (to my situation) thread...

Ignorance is not an excuse for breaking the law nor is overwork.

As for visajourney, go back and ask Steve where he got his ideas from. It was from alt.visa.us.marriage-based until he decided to open his own forum. Ask Steve who walked him through his wife's AOS ... they are all here ... Meauxna, Ian, Fatbrit, to name a few.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:35 pm
Concierge

Well I wish someone had told me that before starting my bloomin' course, not to mention the 'pretty good' jobs I've subsequently won as a direct result of the bloomin' course!

I could've saved my 'endurance ability' for something better....a career in immigration, perhaps?

perhaps you should have ... then you would not have to work 80 hours a week.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

oooh - imagine that though eh, if the officers at immigration DID work 80 hours a week? I'd have my card by now now....probably.

Simmer down Rete - you're CLEARLY the head honcho here and I'm not about to take that crown away from you. You know immigration, I don't. Good for you.

Originally Posted by Rete
perhaps you should have ... then you would not have to work 80 hours a week.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:39 pm
Septicity

I really don't get your "thing" with USCIS officers on the front line. I don't see any reason for them to be highly educated at all. As we have to pay a considerably higher salary to a more educated person, this would mean we would all need to pay considerably more for immigration benefits. The job is, I would guess, pretty mundane and repetitive for the most part, requiring rote learning rather than any great decision making.

Moreover, the problem does not lie with the front line staff at all but with those much higher up on the rungs. If you see a workplace that is grossly under performing, it is never the fault of the workers, IME, but rather the management. You're pissin' on the wrong people, here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.