USCIS to NVC questions

Old Feb 21st 2013, 2:56 am
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute
Default USCIS to NVC questions

Hi, folks. I got the approval letter for the I-130 I filed for my husband, and the approval date was February 7. It said the case was sent to the NVC. The online case status said, "On February 7, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION...."

I've been calling the NVC to see when our case is eventually received, and they have been saying it's nowhere in sight (as I expected). Today the NVC rep told me I should call the USCIS to find out what is going on with the case. A Tier 2 rep at the USCIS told me the file has not even gone out yet. It's presumably sitting on someone's desk in status "supervisory review". He did not act or sound like it was anything to worry about, but I've been poking around and it seems that for most cases, "supervisory review" means trouble. Of course the cases I've been finding were mostly not approved yet. The rep said I was definitely approved and that if there were any questions they would probably be raised by the NVC at this point.

What is "supervisory review"? Is it just a supervisor's check-off that everything looks OK? Is it an indication that they want to reopen the case and reject it? I'm so anxious and discouraged. I'm sorry to be such a pill. Please help me out if you can.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 3:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USCIS to NVC questions

Originally Posted by Speedwell
What is "supervisory review"? Is it just a supervisor's check-off that everything looks OK?
Probably.

Is it an indication that they want to reopen the case and reject it?
Probably not.

This is the problem when you try micro-manage the case. USCIS gives misinformation, or incomplete information, or doesn't really know what's going on but just wants to say "something" rather than "nothing", and it ends up with the applicant feeling worried and stressed.

The case will move to NVC after it's finished where it is now. NVC will contact you when NVC wants something from you. That can take several weeks to happen. In the meantime, just sit back and relax, and don't micro-manage your case, and don't call USCIS.

Rene
Old Feb 21st 2013, 3:10 am
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Probably.

Probably not.

This is the problem when you try micro-manage the case. USCIS gives misinformation, or incomplete information, or doesn't really know what's going on but just wants to say "something" rather than "nothing", and it ends up with the applicant feeling worried and stressed.

The case will move to NVC after it's finished where it is now. NVC will contact you when NVC wants something from you. That can take several weeks to happen. In the meantime, just sit back and relax, and don't micro-manage your case, and don't call USCIS.

Rene
Thanks a lot, Rene. I had a feeling I was being a bit white-knuckled about the whole thing. I guess I'll just try to relax.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 3:14 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't come across that specific status before, but my guess is it means a quality control check. Random files probably get pulled for a second look to keep the workers on their toes. I would not assume it means a problem with the info you provided.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 3:15 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Speedwell
Hi, folks. I got the approval letter for the I-130 I filed for my husband, and the approval date was February 7.
You received the approval letter, and the approval date. There is nothing more to be reviewed. My guess is that it's sitting on someone's desk just waiting to go with the next "batch" they send to NVC.

Rene
Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Apfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond repute

It seems to take about a month after I-130 approval for the NVC to make contact. I wouldn't even bother thinking about it for another three weeks (February being a short month).
Old Feb 21st 2013, 10:12 am
Mouthy Yank

I guess there isn't a reason to worry until a status changes or something. It's not like the file is lost, and they're not asking me for anything. Running across stories of things that go wrong with other people's cases is not good for me right now anyway (much like looking up your symptoms online when not feeling well) so I guess I will lay low for a bit. I desperately need this process to be finished so I can turn my mind to other things.

Thanks everyone.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 11:24 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with Aofel