Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

USCIS extends I-797 validity for CPRs

USCIS extends I-797 validity for CPRs

Old Jun 12th 2018, 10:54 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default USCIS extends I-797 validity for CPRs

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/up...and-form-i-829

I can't remember who was having a problem because their I-797 date expired, but anyway, they're going to issue new ones with a six-month extension and 18-month ones from now on because, well, Trump.
Old Jun 13th 2018, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USCIS extends I-797 validity for CPRs

Interesting. There's a few of us going through ROC at the moment.
My I-797c only has a stamp with the date of my completed biometrics appt on it, there is no expiry date stamped on it so why would they bother to reissue an updated 797? Just making it valid for 18 months should be enough without having to reissue???
So, it begs the question that if the old system accepted an I-797 as valid for 12 months and it was recognized that a new green card would almost certainly be issued after 12 months does the new 18 month validity imply that ROC green cards are almost certainly going to take over 18 months to be issued?
Not that I'm overly fussed, my N400 has been printed out, filled in and most of the relevant attached documents have been gathered, I should be all ready to have it in the mail by 1st August...