US CBP - Frequent use of VWP

Old Jun 7th 2011, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US CBP - Frequent use of VWP

Originally Posted by UK1A
The purpose of my original thread was to seek comments from those more experienced than I in travelling frequently under VWP, in order that I may form an impression of whether I am a likely target for secondary or turnaround.
As a good friend here likes to say... dice have no memory! Since there are only two possible outcomes at each entry attempt, you have a 50/50 chance. Others will comment that your past history will work in your favor... and that's true - but only until a CBP officer decides that it doesn't.

Ian
Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:47 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst I do not personally appreciate the tone, I understand that sentiment of the most recent contributors and perhaps if I was reading this as a third party I may well draw a similar conclusion. To satisfy your curiosity, I can tell you that my position is a little unusual in that I am retired, though still relatively young, and free to travel as, when and where I please. The purpose of my original thread was to seek comments from those more experienced than I in travelling frequently under VWP, in order that I may form an impression of whether I am a likely target for secondary or turnaround. Thank you for your continued interest.
I had been curious about the tone taken by posters here. There are people who are in a situation in life where they have the opportunity to extensively travel -- more power to them.

One thing about your postings is that you are the one with the relevant experience. It appears that you have satisfied the Dark Forces several times that you are a bona fide tourist. Although "your mileage may vary," your immigration history is a good indication of what will happen in the future. You are likely for going to secondary. But if you come across as credible, there is no reason you should not clear secondary.

Caveat: you still have not give much in the way of details and you don't need to.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst I do not personally appreciate the tone, I understand that sentiment of the most recent contributors and perhaps if I was reading this as a third party I may well draw a similar conclusion. To satisfy your curiosity, I can tell you that my position is a little unusual in that I am retired, though still relatively young, and free to travel as, when and where I please. The purpose of my original thread was to seek comments from those more experienced than I in travelling frequently under VWP, in order that I may form an impression of whether I am a likely target for secondary or turnaround. Thank you for your continued interest.
Fair enough.

One last think from me. What works for others might not work for you. I understand you are gathering information here but if a certain frequent VWP user have not been turned back does not mean that will apply for you.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 11:35 am
Just Joined

UK1A is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to all who have shown an interest and made comments, particularly Mr Folinsky.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 8:58 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

The most I have seen in a UK passport in 1 calendar year is 17, of which most were WB, these were all short trips, often 2/3 days.

I just looked back at my spreadsheet (need for my L1A visa) and it looks like I used it 46 times in 6 years (the split was 22 WB, 25 WT).

I have had all sorts of questions and was sent to secondary once. One theme I have seen was being asked about where I was staying, when on Business and in a hotel, I got less questions than when coming at weekend and staying with my girlfriend, an apartment address in Brooklyn says something different to a hotel in Soho.

Do you always visit the same place and have a place, or do you visit different states / cities every time and stay in hotels etc?

tht
Old Jun 12th 2011, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

UK1A is an unknown quantity at this point

tht - I usually have the same destination, always stay in hotels, usually the same three or four hotels.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your experience of secondary and what triggered it ? Did it delay you for long ?

Thanks for your original post, which is just the kind of response I have been seeking. Much appreciated.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 12:34 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

tht - I usually have the same destination, always stay in hotels, usually the same three or four hotels.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your experience of secondary and what triggered it ? Did it delay you for long ?

Thanks for your original post, which is just the kind of response I have been seeking. Much appreciated.
An IO asked me a few questions told me I wold need a visa. she took me to Secondary, when I talked to the officer, he did not understand why I was there, he asked me a couple of questions about what I did and said he would make a note on my file, all in all it delayed me 10 minutes.

The only thing I can add is that in my own experience, the times I have made more frequent short trips (e.g. 2-4 days) I have had less questions than longer trips (1-2 weeks).

Also where you are visiting may also make a difference, I am sure NYC and LA etc see more frequent visits from ore people, than some other destinations.

tht