So confused. L1/2 to H to GC

Old Jun 4th 2011, 3:34 am
Just Joined

JoJoTheBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default So confused. L1/2 to H to GC

Hi,
Just hoping someone here has been in the same boat. I've read through the other posts here but can't quite see what I'm looking for.

My husband has a L1blanket and I'm on a L2 we've extended this and it will expire in 2012. We have only been in the US since Aug 2007 but had been out on the same petition in 2005 so I'm assuming we've exhausted the L option.

We have an approved H petition ready to utilise when the L expires. Our GC is at the stage where it's all set and approved just waiting for our date to come up. Unfortunately it's EB3. We had held some hope that it would go through before the L expires but this is now looking unlikely.

My question really is, is there anything I can do to keep me working next year? I'm dreading moving onto the H and having to give up work until goodness knows when.

I've read conflicting information about how you L1 eats into your H. Is that true. If so, and we've maxed out our L how have we been able to get H approval.

I'm in a total spin about this. We have lawyers working on our behalf through my husbands company but they're not giving us any answers at the moment.

Apologies for the lengthy post, would appreciate your help.

Jo
Old Jun 4th 2011, 10:02 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So confused. L1/2 to H to GC

Originally Posted by JoJoTheBrit
Hi,
Just hoping someone here has been in the same boat. I've read through the other posts here but can't quite see what I'm looking for.

My husband has a L1blanket and I'm on a L2 we've extended this and it will expire in 2012. We have only been in the US since Aug 2007 but had been out on the same petition in 2005 so I'm assuming we've exhausted the L option.

We have an approved H petition ready to utilise when the L expires. Our GC is at the stage where it's all set and approved just waiting for our date to come up. Unfortunately it's EB3. We had held some hope that it would go through before the L expires but this is now looking unlikely.

My question really is, is there anything I can do to keep me working next year? I'm dreading moving onto the H and having to give up work until goodness knows when.

I've read conflicting information about how you L1 eats into your H. Is that true. If so, and we've maxed out our L how have we been able to get H approval.

I'm in a total spin about this. We have lawyers working on our behalf through my husbands company but they're not giving us any answers at the moment.

Apologies for the lengthy post, would appreciate your help.

Jo
Depends upon the facts. A legal consultation is in order.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all

We are in simiar situation
If I had a degree my GC would have been with me 6 months having first entered
Because I did not come from a background of wealth a UK uni education was out of the question. That pi@@es me off big time.
Anyway so we are in EB3 instead of EB2 or higher due to being poor at 18 and nothing to do with my skills...that's my rant over...
Here is where we are up to
My Job advert has been running. Many replies all of which did not have my niche skills
All paperwork is ready to be filled
Work are still telling me they expect EB3 to be current for a short time later in the year as it did in 2007(I think)
It's an if though..
All paperwork will be filed concurrently
That gets us to AOS within 6 weeks so our eldest child can work..another annoyance as he can't learn life skills without working !
Everything is crossed that dates become current

Are you sure no degree for you
This is only what I'm being told...might not be true!
Old Jun 4th 2011, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Fred16;9409830]We are in simiar situation
Because I did not come from a background of wealth a UK uni education was out of the question. That pi@@es me off big time.
Anyway so we are in EB3 instead of EB2 or higher due to being poor at 18 and nothing to do with my skills...that's my rant over...

My OH came over to the US with an MBA from Cranfield and we still had to go through the EB3 route, so it isn't always as cut and dried as to whether you have a degree or not.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

BostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=lisa67;9409920]
Originally Posted by Fred16

My OH came over to the US with an MBA from Cranfield and we still had to go through the EB3 route, so it isn't always as cut and dried as to whether you have a degree or not.
Its the job that matters and the skill set it requires, e.g if you have an MBA and it dosent require it, the qualifications are unfortunately irrelevant. I have only a BSc and due to the experience required I am going through the EB2 route from an H1B...after toying with the EB1-C multinational manager which was a long stretch to be honest anyway
Old Jun 12th 2011, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=BostonBrit Expat Since 03;9426421]
Originally Posted by lisa67
Its the job that matters and the skill set it requires, e.g if you have an MBA and it dosent require it, the qualifications are unfortunately irrelevant. I have only a BSc and due to the experience required I am going through the EB2 route from an H1B...after toying with the EB1-C multinational manager which was a long stretch to be honest anyway
Exactly...it couldn't be proved that my OH's position needed an MBA so we were stuffed! All turned out well in the end, but just took a bl**dy long time.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

BostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=lisa67;9427148]
Originally Posted by BostonBrit Expat Since 03

Exactly...it couldn't be proved that my OH's position needed an MBA so we were stuffed! All turned out well in the end, but just took a bl**dy long time.
Thats great news if the EB3's are current, so theres really no benefit to EB2 or EB3.....congrats, i wish you a speedy GC......................and me too....
Old Jun 12th 2011, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Here is where we are up to
My Job advert has been running. Many replies all of which did not have my niche skills
All paperwork is ready to be filled
Work are still telling me they expect EB3 to be current for a short time later in the year as it did in 2007(I think)
It's an if though..
All paperwork will be filed concurrently
That gets us to AOS within 6 weeks so our eldest child can work..another annoyance as he can't learn life skills without working !
Everything is crossed that dates become current

Are you sure no degree for you
This is only what I'm being told...might not be true!
EB3 in the July bulletin is still only at October 05, how could it become current, I'm just curious, thanks??
Old Jun 12th 2011, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Brat1
EB3 in the July bulletin is still only at October 05, how could it become current, I'm just curious, thanks??
I'm only going by what work immigration team are telling me
They expect another July2007 scenario...(although I've also heard this was never meant to happen)

They either saying this to shut me up for a few months or really do expect it

Certainly our 18yr old can't go on much longer without a job...it's nonsense
Old Jun 12th 2011, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm only going by what work immigration team are telling me
They expect another July2007 scenario...(although I've also heard this was never meant to happen)

They either saying this to shut me up for a few months or really do expect it

Certainly our 18yr old can't go on much longer without a job...it's nonsense
I don't know about this Fred, maybe someone else could shed some light. I don't see how the EB3 can become current when they are only looking at PD's of October 2005 which is nearly 6 years worth of applications. As for your 18 year old, I'm in the same boat, our 17 year old will not be able to work until we get the green cards which could be another 18months to 2 years. This is totally going to dictate whether we can stay here or not as she will have her cosmetology license by the end of this year.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Brat1
Most upsetting when he knows there are millions employed illegally

Still alot of countries have similar issues...but children are the future...

All the very best to your family
Old Jun 12th 2011, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Brat1
Most upsetting when he knows there are millions employed illegally

Still alot of countries have similar issues...but children are the future...

All the very best to your family
Tell me about it, pisses me right off, but we've got to do it the right way if we want to live here permanently, just don't know if we can wait that long, nothing's gone to plan so far and I don't expect that to change any time soon!! Hope everything works out for you
Old Jun 12th 2011, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 and Fred16 hang in in there guys...took us years but too ...don't give up hope!
They may skip the priority date forward as they sometimes retrogress too...more likely to be a slow plod though