Update to Embassy Courier Fees

Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

UKUSA6167 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Update to Embassy Courier Fees

Hopefully a mod can add this to the sticky where it belongs.

I called DX today to ask about my passport and visa and was told they have it and will deliver tomorrow.
The bad news is that the delivery charge of GBP 14.20 only applies at the embassy and the fee when paying over the phone is GBP 25! Quite what the extra GBP 10.80 is for I have no idea and this wasn't advertised or communicated in any way at the embassy itself but at least I'll have my passport in my grubby hands tomorrow ready to fly on Sunday.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:54 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update to Embassy Courier Fees

UU,

Did you pay a delivery fee when you were at the consular section? (for your interview?) Or no delivery fee was payable at that time for some reason?

I'm thinking that perhaps the embassy or the consular section has a deal with DX for a discounted rate, so that when the consular section pays DX to make the delivery (the visa applicant having first paid the consular section) the consulate's rate applies but when the visa applicant pays DX independently as an individual the standard rate applies.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by UKUSA6167
Hopefully a mod can add this to the sticky where it belongs.

I called DX today to ask about my passport and visa and was told they have it and will deliver tomorrow.
The bad news is that the delivery charge of GBP 14.20 only applies at the embassy and the fee when paying over the phone is GBP 25! Quite what the extra GBP 10.80 is for I have no idea and this wasn't advertised or communicated in any way at the embassy itself but at least I'll have my passport in my grubby hands tomorrow ready to fly on Sunday.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

UKUSA6167 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jeff
DX no longer accepts cash payments for delivery and I had no cards with me on the day which is why I had to arrange payment over the phone. I'm not sure about the discounted rate theory as the desk is staffed by DX employees and is totally separated from the consular staff.
My main gripe is the lack of communication and information provided by DX staff on the day. They looked very busy and overworked, but although this is thankfully a minor expense in the long term scheme, it could cause problems if the extra funds weren't immediately available on the card being used and the visa was needed in a hurry.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 3:21 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the explanation. I was speculating - always a dangerous thing to do!

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by UKUSA6167
Hi Jeff
DX no longer accepts cash payments for delivery and I had no cards with me on the day which is why I had to arrange payment over the phone. I'm not sure about the discounted rate theory as the desk is staffed by DX employees and is totally separated from the consular staff.
My main gripe is the lack of communication and information provided by DX staff on the day. They looked very busy and overworked, but although this is thankfully a minor expense in the long term scheme, it could cause problems if the extra funds weren't immediately available on the card being used and the visa was needed in a hurry.