UPDATE

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:03 am
Banned

davidvincent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UPDATE

UPDATE:
My son was RELEASED today before the 48 hour hold was up and the IMMIGRATION OFFICER called me at 8am and said he was releasing him as firstly there was confusion as to what the charges were classified as - YO or not and second because he is not a violent person BUT he could be re held and this might not be the end of it..that is a IMMIGRATION officer calling me the one who put the detainer on him and going by my word that there is a screw up somewhere..I thought people told me Immigration officers are not good people or are not there to help - well this guy IS helping and IS a nice guy
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:13 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UPDATE

Originally Posted by davidvincent
UPDATE:
My son was RELEASED today before the 48 hour hold was up and the IMMIGRATION OFFICER called me at 8am and said he was releasing him as firstly there was confusion as to what the charges were classified as - YO or not and second because he is not a violent person BUT he could be re held and this might not be the end of it..that is a IMMIGRATION officer calling me the one who put the detainer on him and going by my word that there is a screw up somewhere..I thought people told me Immigration officers are not good people or are not there to help - well this guy IS helping and IS a nice guy
Great news. Now you don't have to take anyone's advice about retaining a real immigration lawyer. After all, you have an immigration officer to look after your son's future, so it should work out just rosy.

I sincerely wish your son the best of luck.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:18 am
Banned

I cannot tell if your being sarcastic about the immigration officer or not:
BUT I will tell you that the guy has been NOTHING but helpful to us and he called me FIRST thing to tell me he was releasing my son and for me to go and pick him up.....Immigration officers are evil lying people who are only interested in getting people deported and winning their cases right?
They have NO interest in my son or me whatsoever right?

No I do not trust ANYONE..BUT why would this guy be kind and also release him JUST based on MY word that there maybe confusion about the charges etc?
WHY would he care or bother to listen to me AS he had on PAPER from the court that the offense was NOT youthful Offender classification!

I am STILL retaining a Lawyer and Immigration lawyer of I need to on a day by day basis here:
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:36 am
Banned

I also found this on a immigration attourneys website

The INA, at least in this instance, recognizes that crazy things can happen. Any resident gets one free misdemeanor conviction for a crime involving moral turpitude with no consequences. If you get a second misdemeanor for a crime involving moral turpitude, however, you are deportable from the US -- even if that second crime is for something as silly as stealing a paper clip.

The crime does make you wait five years to show good moral character so that you can become a US citizen, so wait, stay out of trouble, become a citizen as soon as you can.
www.neilflewis.com
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:36 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

I cannot tell if your being sarcastic about the immigration officer or not:
Hi:

To be honest, I am not surprised.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:37 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

To be honest, I am not surprised.
Not surprised about what?
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:46 am
Account Closed

I also found this on a immigration attourneys website

The INA, at least in this instance, recognizes that crazy things can happen. Any resident gets one free misdemeanor conviction for a crime involving moral turpitude with no consequences. If you get a second misdemeanor for a crime involving moral turpitude, however, you are deportable from the US -- even if that second crime is for something as silly as stealing a paper clip.

The crime does make you wait five years to show good moral character so that you can become a US citizen, so wait, stay out of trouble, become a citizen as soon as you can.
www.neilflewis.com
Hi:

The immigration laws do NOT talk in terms of one free "misdemeanor." You kept saying he was sentenced to 365 days.

I'm glad he was released, but stop dithering and wasting our time already.

Hell, it is your son's life, not mine. Furthermore deponent sayeth not.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:49 am
Account Closed

Not surprised about what?
Hi:

I am mildly amused at your post.

"The trouble is all inside your head she said to me. The answer is easy if you take it logically. I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free." Paul Simon.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:55 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for posting your update.

Thread closed.

Rene