Uk - USA

Old May 3rd 2007, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

eligibb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk - USA

Hello all,

First thread so please bare with me.

A few months ago i met the woman of my dreams whilst on a business trip to america (im from the uk) and for the past 6 months we have been calling and emailing each other like mad.

Now heres the tricky part, we have decided she moves here, but we are both unsure what visa she should go for, or what options to take for the quickest (i understand speed and ease are totaly different when it comes to visas)

A friend has suggested the quickest route is for me to fly there under the us's version of "visit for marraige" we get married, apply at the nearest brittish embassy for her spouse visa, then we can both go to the uk.

That option sounds a lil extream, but is that the quickest way for us both to be together permantly? or any other suggestions?
Old May 3rd 2007, 10:59 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk - USA

Originally Posted by eligibb
Hello all,

First thread so please bare with me.

A few months ago i met the woman of my dreams whilst on a business trip to america (im from the uk) and for the past 6 months we have been calling and emailing each other like mad.

Now heres the tricky part, we have decided she moves here, but we are both unsure what visa she should go for, or what options to take for the quickest (i understand speed and ease are totaly different when it comes to visas)

A friend has suggested the quickest route is for me to fly there under the us's version of "visit for marraige" we get married, apply at the nearest brittish embassy for her spouse visa, then we can both go to the uk.

That option sounds a lil extream, but is that the quickest way for us both to be together permantly? or any other suggestions?
No such thing as a "visit for marriage visa'

She will need a settlement visa ..all detail here ...
http://www.britainusa.com/visas/
Old May 3rd 2007, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray

ahhh, then obviously the way my friend explained it wouldnt be the fastest, they dont have that visa!

ive looked into the settlement visas, and it says you need to prove a 2 year relationship for a non marraige partnership,

or would the fiancee visa be a better route?

sorry if im a little naive im just soo excited that we have at least got a step closer to being together
Old May 3rd 2007, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

He can just come in on visa waiver, right?
Old May 3rd 2007, 11:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
He can just come in on visa waiver, right?
Right. He can come on the VWP, get married to the USC, then apply for her visa to return as a spouse to the UK. From what I hear, it doesn't take too long, and they can both return to the UK together before his 90 day visit is up.

Rene
Old May 4th 2007, 12:01 am
Jozef

"eligibb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
>
> Hello all,
>
> First thread so please bare with me.
>
> A few months ago i met the woman of my dreams whilst on a business trip
> to america (im from the uk) and for the past 6 months we have been
> calling and emailing each other like mad.
>
> Now heres the tricky part, we have decided she moves here, but we are
> both unsure what visa she should go for, or what options to take for
> the quickest (i understand speed and ease are totaly different when it
> comes to visas)
>
> A friend has suggested the quickest route is for me to fly there
> under the us's version of "visit for marraige" we get married, apply
> at the nearest brittish embassy for her spouse visa, then we can both
> go to the uk.
>
> That option sounds a lil extream, but is that the quickest way for us
> both to be together permantly? or any other suggestions?

Your friend must have been referring to the K-1 fiancé(e) visa. Go to
www.uscis.gov, search on "fiancé" and click on the link "How Do I Bring My
Fiancé(e) to the United States?"

Don't think that's the quickest way for you two to be together though. I'm
not familiar with the UK's immigration laws, but since she's planning on
moving to the UK, can't she fly to the UK as a tourist and get married
there?

Jozef

Old May 4th 2007, 12:07 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

YOu enter the US under the VWP, with proof on your person that you will be returning to the UK, marry in the US, go to the British Consulate, apply for your spouse's settlement visa, you get that within one or three daysafter applying, get on a plane together and return to the UK to live out your married lives.

Originally Posted by eligibb
Ahh sorry if i got that wrong,

according to that uk visa website for an settlement visa without marraige we have to prove a two year relationship, would it be easier to apply for a fiancee visa (once plans are made obviously for a wedding)?

sorry if im being hopless at this, im just so excited about getting a step closer to being with her properly.
Old May 4th 2007, 1:05 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jozef
can't she fly to the UK as a tourist and get married
there?

Jozef
Hi Jozef,

Not anymore. Now the UK requires a particular visa if a USC is planning to come to the UK for marriage to a UKC.

Rene
Old May 4th 2007, 5:59 am
Jozef

"Noorah101" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
>
>> "eligibb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected] m...
>> >
>> > A friend has suggested the quickest route is for me to fly there
>> > under the us's version of "visit for marraige" we get married, apply
>> > at the nearest brittish embassy for her spouse visa, then we can
>> > both
>> > go to the uk.
>> >
>> Your friend must have been referring to the K-1 fianc�?f�?©(e) visa. Go
>> to
>> www.uscis.gov, search on "fianc�?f�?©" and click on the link "How Do I
>> Bring My
>> Fianc�?f�?©(e) to the United States?"
>>
>> Don't think that's the quickest way for you two to be together though.
>> I'm
>> not familiar with the UK's immigration laws, but since she's planning
>> on
>> moving to the UK, can't she fly to the UK as a tourist and get married
>> there?
>>
>
> Not anymore. Now the UK requires a particular visa if a USC is planning
> to come to the UK for marriage to a UKC.
>

Thanks Rene. Didn't know UK has its own version of the K-1 visa!

Jozef

Old May 4th 2007, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
YOu enter the US under the VWP, with proof on your person that you will be returning to the UK, marry in the US, go to the British Consulate, apply for your spouse's settlement visa, you get that within one or three daysafter applying, get on a plane together and return to the UK to live out your married lives.
thank you all ever so much, i have talked to my now fiancee about this and we are now trying to get a date

I cant thank you all enough for helping me

Eligibb