Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

With the UK Post Strikes, how long should we wait before we call the helpline

With the UK Post Strikes, how long should we wait before we call the helpline

Old Oct 30th 2009, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default With the UK Post Strikes, how long should we wait before we call the helpline

Hi,

I'm just wondering how long people think we should wait for the London Embassy to write to my husband about his interview given that the strikes are on again this week, I wouldn't want them to have written to my husband and we miss the interview due to the Postal Strike.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 10:27 am

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: With the UK Post Strikes, how long should we wait before we call the helpline

If you sent it off on the 17th I'd say wait till the 5th or 6th.

ETA: We sent ours off 9 Sept, got notification 21 Sept, interview was 8 Oct.

Last edited by avanutria; Oct 30th 2009 at 10:30 am.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

sharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to all
Default Re: With the UK Post Strikes, how long should we wait before we call the helpline

While I'm not sure of an answer to your question I'm very interested to see how people respond. We mailed our checklist Oct 12th and haven't heard anything back yet either.

I'm thinking that things may have slowed down some due to the DV lottery starting again October 1st - but I could be completely wrong.

Hope you hear something soon!!
Old Oct 30th 2009, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Hiya

Thank you both for your replies. I know it's early days, it's just that we are approaching the one year mark of having the I-130 approved and I don't want to end up having to apply all over again, if you know what I mean.

As soon as I hear anything, I'll post it, hope you will do the same.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

sharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to all

Katnap

I just read on another forum someone mailed their checklist around Oct 22nd and they just received their interview date in the mail this week. The interview was for Nov 18th in case you're interested. Don't know it that helps you any. I know we're all more than aware that the Embassy people seem to work on a timescale all of their own.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 4:41 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katnap8
Hiya

Thank you both for your replies. I know it's early days, it's just that we are approaching the one year mark of having the I-130 approved and I don't want to end up having to apply all over again, if you know what I mean.

As soon as I hear anything, I'll post it, hope you will do the same.
Yes, but you have had activity on the approved petition now, by sending in the visa app. That 'restarts' that one year, from my reading.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8053252