UK Military Spouse moving to US

Old Oct 8th 2023, 2:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Military Spouse moving to US

He can come in that way and stay for 90 days. File the papers that he has to return to the UK for the visa part of the IR-1. He can visit but not live here until he has the visa.
Old Oct 8th 2023, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

The military could be a law unto themselves when it comes to immigration.
Maybe they DO just apply for a visa once the military person and their partner is in the country.
I would not be surprised.......

They quickly extracted that US woman who had killed the cyclist near to the US base in Norfolk..... 'law unto themselves'
Old Oct 8th 2023, 4:25 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
The military could be a law unto themselves when it comes to immigration.
Maybe they DO just apply for a visa once the military person and their partner is in the country.
I would not be surprised.......

They quickly extracted that US woman who had killed the cyclist near to the US base in Norfolk..... 'law unto themselves'

But, reading between the lines, her OH was CIA, not rank and file.
Old Oct 8th 2023, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

limeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud of

that's what I'm wondering, he's cleared immigration, even bought his cats with him.
Old Oct 8th 2023, 7:35 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

It should be noted that OP is providing information second, if not third hand.

That said, it is not uncommon for a degree of cooperation to exist between the military and the immigration authorities. In my first post, I did note my Bona case as an example. (In Bona subsequent to the cooperation, the historical animosity of San Diego immigration to the military raised its ugly head).