UK citizen sponsorship for US job

Old Aug 8th 2018, 10:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK citizen sponsorship for US job

Originally Posted by Craigmcb
I wish it was as easy for me as it is was for the rest of them! I have some other friends who I can speak to about possibly sponsoring me. I take it that it isn’t just as simple as me finding a job that is in demand (perhaps landscaping) and being offered a sponsorship. I would need to prove I have done that for a certain amount of time?
If you are looking for a work visa, it's really up to the employer to start the process. So whatever job offer you accept, it will be the employer's responsibility to consult with an immigration attorney to see which visa to petition you for. There is nothing you yourself can do.

Rene
Old Aug 8th 2018, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Craigmcb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Have you read the link that you were given? Unless you are a landscape architect with an advanced degree that is a non-starter. Nothing is easy about getting here. The "rest of them" have worked hard in order to make the move, obtaining degrees relevant to their field and building up a superior resume that made it worthwhile for an employer to expend the necessary money in order to get them on their staff.
I briefly read it but need to read it over again. Yeah I just recently decided that this was what I really wanted to do. I have been coming to US for 2 months at a time, twice a yea, trying to see if this is where I wanted to settle and have just recently decided it is. Yeah I do wish I had studied more at school and always had the intention to move out here, things would have been a lot easier for me
Old Aug 8th 2018, 10:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, unfortunately I am not in a relationship with a US citizen at this stage, do you need to be in a relationship with them for a certain amount of time before getting married etc?
I'm struggling to understand how you can consider a visa based on marriage to a USC when you're not in a relationship with one...

The relationship and marriage must be real. It can't be for the purpose of immigration.

So you evidently aren't in a big hurry to move to the USA, since it takes time to meet someone, develop a relationship to the point where you feel ready for marriage, etc.

Since you aren't currently in a relationship with a USC, I'd rule out that visa, too.

Rene
Old Aug 8th 2018, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Well I previously didn’t think there was much point in me getting into a relationship with a USC as I wouldn’t have been able to live here. And infect...I am in big hurry to move to USA, that’s why I am looking for as much information as I can get regarding moving here, thanks

craig
Old Aug 8th 2018, 10:30 am

Well I previously didn’t think there was much point in me getting into a relationship with a USC as I wouldn’t have been able to live here. And infect...I am in big hurry to move to USA, that’s why I am looking for as much information as I can get regarding moving here, thanks

craig
You're welcome. But just a word of advice, don't be in that big of a hurry. Based on what you've told us, any path you take will probably be several years in the making.

Rene
Old Aug 8th 2018, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Okay no problem. Thanks for the help though. I will look further into one of the people I have spoke to about them sponsoring me, and see what the process etc it, thanks
Old Aug 8th 2018, 10:47 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Okay no problem. Thanks for the help though. I will look further into one of the people I have spoke to about them sponsoring me, and see what the process etc it, thanks
Still haven’t read the link, eh?
Old Aug 8th 2018, 12:35 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

When they say landscaping is in high demand here they mean that there are jobs available but many people won’t do it because it’s horrible work. My husband is a landscaper here. Today he’s out in 96 degree heat, all day, working to the point of exhaustion, choking on the smoke from forest fires. He works 6 days a week in the summer. He has to be out working whether it’s raining (and that happens a lot here), hot, windy, etc. In the winter the lucky ones get transferred to snow clearance jobs - up at 3 am to plow or de-ice parking lots before employees and customers use them. The unlucky ones are pretty much laid off. With no pay. My husband gets no vacation days and he only gets sick pay because our state recently made it a legal requirement for employers to pay sick pay (after a qualifying period of employment).

That doesn’t mean there is a shortage of people in the country who can do the job. Just a shortage of people who want to do the job. Big difference. Visas are granted to people in professions for which there is a shortage of people who can do the job.
Old Aug 8th 2018, 12:49 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, unfortunately I am not in a relationship with a US citizen at this stage, do you need to be in a relationship with them for a certain amount of time before getting married etc?
Are you proposing to look for a US Citizen to marry so that you can get a green card. Or perhaps you are thinking one of your pals has someone who will marry you for x amount of money and then divorce you after you get permanent residency. BTW that is immigration fraud. You don't want to go there.
Old Aug 8th 2018, 12:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

My father worked as a landscaper in the 50's and supported his family (wife and 2 children) on that income. Yes, he would be hard pressed to do that today but he worked year around. Even in the winter there was work to be done in the hothouses and with pruning, etc. He was lucky, he got sick days and 1 week vacation a year.
Old Aug 8th 2018, 1:11 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t know if by that you are suggesting my husband doesn’t work hard. I’d like to see you try it. This winter he will be one of the lucky ones with a snow route as well as winter maintenance in the graveyards. Unfortunately many clients scale back their orders in the winter. He can’t force them to have their work done. He doesn’t do homes. He works for a national company that does graveyards, U-Dub, housing complexes, Microsoft, etc.

We could sit here all night and compare the 50s with now. My grandfather was a baker in the 50s and supported a family of 4 and put his 2 daughters through private school. That wouldn’t be possible now either. I don’t see what relevance that has to the discussion, though. OP is not looking for a time machine to get a landscaping job in the 50s.
Old Aug 8th 2018, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

I have now read the full link and understand that there is a basically no way for me to get a sponsor etc for the states, my dreams have been crushed! I will just need to keep trying some how. I hope that there is some way that I can get a visa as I love this country and would eventually love to bring a family up here. Thanks for your help
Old Aug 8th 2018, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know people who operate Landscaping business and seem to do OK, their employees may have questionable status in the US.

There is the EB3 fyi, but as others have said down to the Employer to do the Heavy lifting.

Last edited by Noorah101; Aug 8th 2018 at 4:13 pm. Reason: Agree, not appropriate.
Old Aug 8th 2018, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond repute

H-2B visa? Perhaps..
Old Aug 8th 2018, 6:07 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I don’t have any close family who are American citizens, so I would need to try get a green card through marriage. Yeah I had seen the GC lottery but noticed it wasn’t for UK citizens. They make it hard for us to be able to live here
Diversity Visa (commonly known as "lottery") eligibility is generally determined by place of birth, not nationality. Also, Northern Ireland is DV eligible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.