Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Traveling outside country before GC expires but after filing I-751 (remove conditions

Traveling outside country before GC expires but after filing I-751 (remove conditions

Old Dec 4th 2009, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

rakhmetov567 is a jewel in the roughrakhmetov567 is a jewel in the roughrakhmetov567 is a jewel in the roughrakhmetov567 is a jewel in the rough
Default Traveling outside country before GC expires but after filing I-751 (remove conditions

Call me a nervous nelly, but I just want to be certain that my wife (GC holder) and I (USC) are not going to get into immigration trouble traveling to Canada for New Years.
Her GC will expire in February 2010 and we plan to return back right after New Years. We just applied to have the conditions removed from her GC.
Assuming we leave without a NOA (797) but the GC is still valid, we're ok, right?
We're 99% sure that we're ok to go, but we recall the prohibition about traveling during AOS and want to be sure.
Thanks!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 10:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traveling outside country before GC expires but after filing I-751 (remove condit

Originally Posted by rakhmetov567
Call me a nervous nelly, but I just want to be certain that my wife (GC holder) and I (USC) are not going to get into immigration trouble traveling to Canada for New Years.
Her GC will expire in February 2010 and we plan to return back right after New Years. We just applied to have the conditions removed from her GC.
Assuming we leave without a NOA (797) but the GC is still valid, we're ok, right?
We're 99% sure that we're ok to go, but we recall the prohibition about traveling during AOS and want to be sure.
Thanks!
Hi nervous nelly, LOL

As long as she has her unexpired green card in hand, she's OK to travel. Just be back in the USA before Feburary.

Rene
Old Dec 5th 2009, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traveling outside country before GC expires but after filing I-751 (remove condit

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi nervous nelly, LOL

As long as she has her unexpired green card in hand, she's OK to travel. Just be back in the USA before Feburary.

Rene
Rene has answered you promptly. Now your good to go! Change your name from Nervous Nelly to Confident Cory!

Old Dec 6th 2009, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

rakhmetov567 is a jewel in the roughrakhmetov567 is a jewel in the roughrakhmetov567 is a jewel in the roughrakhmetov567 is a jewel in the rough

Thank you, all. I was just reading Sumeet's terrible ordeal, glad we're not in that boat. We submitted so much evidence that if they read through all of it, we'll actually get our $465 (?) out of them in labor.
We'll raise a NY's toast to you two from Canada