fingerprinting/biometrics

Old Dec 6th 2009, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

britinOR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fingerprinting/biometrics

I am new to this site and I wish I'd found it months ago when I was filling in my paperwork, but now I've filed my application for LPR based on marriage to a USC.

I went to get my biometrics taken in Portland, OR on Monday, it was really fast and I was in and out before my appointment time rolled around due to arriving 20 minutes early. I received a letter yesterday (Saturday) to tell me that the 'FBI could not process your fingerprint card' and that I would have to go again two days before Christmas (at 8am!) to get them re-done. There is no explaination and the new appointment letter only has the bar code for one of my forms (I-485) not both that were on the first appointment letter (I-485 and I-765).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why only the form I-485 have to have the prints re-done and not I-765 as well.

Regarding the fingerprint probems, I have some hand skin allergies that I can't pinpoint the cause of and this makes my skin dry and wrinkley, so this could be a problem for printing however the personell taking my prints last monday didn't say anything about that so why would it be a problem now? This wont go away in a hurry so my re-prints are likely to be the same. What can I do?

Finally, I have been trying to register for updates and to see my application status and progress on the USCIS website but each time I type in an application receipt number (starts with MSC then 10 numbers) I get the message that the 'case does not exist' which is untrue. Does anyone have any experience good or bad with the USCIS online updates that might advise me where I'm going wrong with this?

Thanks for your input.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 5:26 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fingerprinting/biometrics

Hi neighbor, and welcome!

A few thoughts...
It sounds like your 10-print was unreadable. This happens pretty frequently and you just need to get them re-taken. The sooner, the better. If you have a new appointment letter, you should be able to do a walk in appointment at your earliest convenience (Weds & Sats are usually walk in days).

I-765 only needs a one-print fingerprint card.

Do what it takes to get your skin hydrated beforehand (Eucerin brand lotion is what my dermo recommends; you can get it at Fred Meyer).
The person taking the last set probably thought it would be OK.

Also, about the updates; they are notoriously unreliable and I wouldn't be too concerned, especially if you are receiving snail mail OK (TIP: save one of those envelopes for residence evidence for DMV & SSA. In fact, just always save everything).

Haven't posted this yet, but I just read about a new fish n' chip cart at NW Raleigh & 22nd called the Flying Scotsman if you fancy a snack after your next bio.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 5:29 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I had my fingerprints done at the office near PGE Park as well. Strange there was a problem because the machine verifies the prints are OK before allowing the operator to "accept" them. It rejected one finger of mine and she had to do it again.

Now they know there is a problem no doubt they can take extra care to get them right. If you are near the office you will probably find unless they are really busy you can just walk-in and get them done again without waiting for the appointment date. Just remember to take the appointment letter with you.

As to the registration problem are you putting in all the characters. Mine was NBC*000xxxxxx and they all had to be entered including the * but the case status worked OK.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 5:40 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lansbury
I had my fingerprints done at the office near PGE Park as well. Strange there was a problem because the machine verifies the prints are OK before allowing the operator to "accept" them. It rejected one finger of mine and she had to do it again.
Not saying it's the same thing, but when TX was way, way behind with processing CHL applications, there was a widely held view that DPS was rejecting perfectly good fingerprints, as a means of managing workflow.

It only takes one member of staff to think of that tactic...
Old Dec 7th 2009, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

britinOR is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the advice everyone. I live 1.5 hours from from the centre in Portland so I'll just wait for my appointment to come around as I don't want to drive all the way up to Portland in case they can't process me at a drop in session.

I'm still unable to look up my case on the USCIS website and I've tried every configuration of capital letters spaces and numbers. There is no asterisk in my number but I tried it with and without that or a space to no avail. Nevermind.

Thanks for your help.