Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

L1A done... now next steps for GC.. help appreciated

L1A done... now next steps for GC.. help appreciated

Old Dec 4th 2009, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

ADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really nice
Exclamation L1A done... now next steps for GC.. help appreciated

Seniors

Please let me know a top 10 things I should be aware of while doing EB1C 140-485.

I am going to ask for concurrent filing for 140 and 485.

Will that be of any advantage? What are the typical pitfall of GC filing using EB1C?

I just want to make sure, while I interact with our attorney, I ask all sensible questions and make sure I get the GC in nest 8 months.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of
Default Re: L1A done... now next steps for GC.. help appreciated

Originally Posted by ADA_AKS
Seniors

Please let me know a top 10 things I should be aware of while doing EB1C 140-485.

I am going to ask for concurrent filing for 140 and 485.

Will that be of any advantage? What are the typical pitfall of GC filing using EB1C?

I just want to make sure, while I interact with our attorney, I ask all sensible questions and make sure I get the GC in nest 8 months.
Hello,

the benefits of concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485 are enormous.

Because only the I-485 gives you the right to stay under certain conditions in case you get laid off.

I-140 doesn't mean anyting when you loose your job.

With a approved I-140 and no AOS you would have to leave the USA immediately.

Some employers don't allow concurrent filing - I believe it's highly unfair and

leaves all the risks with you.

So under any circumstances I would file concurrently even if I would have to file and pay the AOS by myself .

(Went through the same without AOS and got laid off)

Kind regards
CCR
Old Dec 5th 2009, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

ADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really nice

So 140-485-AOS-EAD all filed at the same time?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ADA_AKS
So 140-485-AOS-EAD all filed at the same time?
ABSOLUTELY 100 % YES !!
Old Dec 5th 2009, 11:31 am
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Am I going down the wrong path, but should you be filing an L1 renewal and green card petition at the same time, that way if green card petition gets denied but L1 renewal is approved or visa versa? You are still authorised to stay? I'm sure I read this somewhere.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
Am I going down the wrong path, but should you be filing an L1 renewal and green card petition at the same time, that way if green card petition gets denied but L1 renewal is approved or visa versa? You are still authorised to stay? I'm sure I read this somewhere.
Yes but only if you file AOS and I-140 concurrent.

Otherwise if your L1A renewal get's denied you are out. If only your

I-140 get denied it has no impact.

The right to stay with AOS and I-140 concurrently filed is called rule AC-21.

But this definitely attorney playground !!!

Kind regards
CCR
Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

Originally Posted by crosscountryrider
Yes but only if you file AOS and I-140 concurrent.

Otherwise if your L1A renewal get's denied you are out. If only your

I-140 get denied it has no impact.

The right to stay with AOS and I-140 concurrently filed is called rule AC-21.

But this definitely attorney playground !!!

Kind regards
CCR
i-140 has to be approved AND i-485 has to be pending for 6 months before you can invoke ac21. My best advice is to 1) concurrent file and 2) get it in as soon as possible.

OP - may i ask which country you are from? This has a large impact. EB1-C is one if not the best category to be in. You don't need a labor market test (to prove there isn't an american worker who can do your job).
Old Dec 7th 2009, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by emailrob
i-140 has to be approved AND i-485 has to be pending for 6 months before you can invoke ac21. My best advice is to 1) concurrent file and 2) get it in as soon as possible.

OP - may i ask which country you are from? This has a large impact. EB1-C is one if not the best category to be in. You don't need a labor market test (to prove there isn't an american worker who can do your job).
That's the reason why I said under certain rules. AC21 is clearly a lawyer's

playground because AC21 will be applied to invidual cases.

This makes it even more uncertain.

Kind Regards
CCR