Travel Insurance?

Old Nov 21st 2001, 4:49 am
Gail

Does anyone know where I can get a reasonable quote for travel insurance. I'm a
resident in the US and am going home next week, but need to sort out some insurance.
I went to the local travel agents today, and it sounded as if the woman had no idea
what she was talking about. Teerrrriiiffffiiiccccc!!!!! Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks Gail

Old Nov 21st 2001, 11:25 am
Andy Platt

I bet you're British aren't you? Brits won't leave home without travel insurance and
so it's cheap and easy to get. Americans don't know what it is so it's expensive and
hard to find. We got it once but I wish we hadn't 'cause I later found out most of
what we needed was covered (got it through a friend who sells insurance). If you go
without insurance, check with your medical insurance to see if you are covered - you
probably are; check with your household insurance to see if that covers you for
losses - it might because the insurance in the US, though more expensive than the UK,
seems to cover more. Use credit cards to buy everything (like tickets) because they
often have certain built-in insurance cover.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 21st 2001, 5:33 pm
Kent Simcox

www.travelguard.com is the company I use (btw...I'm American). Prices are reasonable
and coverage seems to be all that I think I would need. Hope this helps someone. Kent

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 23rd 2001, 8:03 am
Gail

Hi Andy, In answer to your question, yes I'm a Brit I can't believe how different
it is over here in the US compared to the UK when it comes to travel insurance. It
really has been another eye opener!!! I phoned the British Consulate in the end. They
told me that I would still be covered under the NHS for medical stuff at home, and
the other stuff I wanted cover for I'm OK on other insurance. Thanks Gail

"Andy Platt" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Does anyone know where I can get a reasonable quote for travel insurance. I'm a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > resident in the US and am going home next week, but need to sort out some[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > insurance. I went to the local travel agents today, and it sounded as if the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > woman had no idea what she was talking about. Teerrrriiiffffiiiccccc!!!!! Any[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Gail[/usenetquote2]

Old Nov 23rd 2001, 8:05 am
Gail

Hi Kent, Thanks for your post, I called the British Consulate they told me I would be
covered by the NHS for medical, and I'm OK with other stuff that I wanted cover for
through other ins we have. Thanks again Gail

"Kent Simcox" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Does anyone know where I can get a reasonable quote for travel insurance. I'm a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > resident in the US and am going home next week, but need to sort out some[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > insurance. I went to the local travel agents today, and it sounded as if the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > woman had no idea what she was talking about. Teerrrriiiffffiiiccccc!!!!! Any[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Gail[/usenetquote2]