from H4 to B1/B2, possible?

Old Nov 23rd 2001, 10:15 am
Tee

Hi,

I am in H4 visa, and my husband and I have been decided moving back to our country
after April, next year, when his H1-B is expired. I have been thinking alot about the
possibility of importing goods from my country lately, after April. Friend of my who
owns a company here is very interested in doing trading business with me. And I am
going to set up a company back home so that I can do the business with American
company legally.

My question is, can I apply (or transfer) B1/B2 visa when my H4 is still valid? If
yes, can I do it here when I am still in the State? By doing so, will it jeopardy my
intention of wanting to do the business with American company, or will it sounds
suspicious to INS (or US Embassy in my country - if I only apply it after I left the
America) that I intent to stay here, even though I have no this intention at all?

And how good is the chance for me to get the B1/B2 visa after my H4 is expired? I
have entered twice into America on B2 visa before I changed to H4. Would this
consider good record to INS or US Embassy in oversea.

Thanks

Tee