Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Translation query and notarisation

Translation query and notarisation

Old Dec 17th 2010, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

katq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Translation query and notarisation

Originally Posted by C_C
Let us know what the Embassy says when they respond.

I'm interested because I have the same dilemma
Hi C-C,

Just so you know - they didn't reply at all! I sent the email a month ago - 18 November. So really lost hope that they will reply, but also decided that I am definitely not going to notarise them, but ask the translator to put this "I certify under..." statement

If anyone has any first hand recent experience with this would be good to share.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

carmen blue is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband translated his German cert himself. He wrote on it that this is a true translation and he's qualified to do it, and he had that witnessed by a peace commissioner in Ireland (which is where we were at the time).
Old Dec 17th 2010, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

I just received my phone bill from the call I made to the US embassy regarding this: what seemed like a couple of minutes call cost me £16! And they weren't able to advise me, and gave me the embassy email address to send an email to which I have no reply for a month now...arghh...this is so annoying! Thank god for this forum!
Old Dec 21st 2010, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

Hey, I just noticed and I am pretty sure it is correct: they have changed the info on their website!!! It no longer says that the translation must be notarised!:

http://london.usembassy.gov/application_documents.html

http://london.usembassy.gov/interview_documents.html

The first link was the one that previously said:"...sworn to before a Notary Public", but they have removed it now.

Yay! They never replied to me, but at least they did something about it - hope they won't change it back
Old Dec 21st 2010, 1:42 am
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by katq
Hey, I just noticed and I am pretty sure it is correct: they have changed the info on their website!!! It no longer says that the translation must be notarised!:

http://london.usembassy.gov/application_documents.html

http://london.usembassy.gov/interview_documents.html

The first link was the one that previously said:"...sworn to before a Notary Public", but they have removed it now.

Yay! They never replied to me, but at least they did something about it - hope they won't change it back
Nice! Thanks!
That solves a lot of problems
Old Dec 21st 2010, 4:10 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the heads up about the website change!

Translations: All documents not in English must be accompanied by certified English translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that state that the translation is accurate.

Translations:
All documents not in English must be accompanied by certified English translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that state that the translation is accurate.