British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   tourist visa for usa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/tourist-visa-usa-685453/)

wesleyk Sep 15th 2010 4:21 pm

Re: tourist visa for usa

cheers for all the info guys.

i have been away from enlgland since 06, just getting working visa's for countries and heading there, and i did have a perm residency visa application for aus, and my visa was granted the other week. so now i have a some where to fall back on i feel its time to hit the road again.

i also know that you cant work in the states ona tourist visa, but i have other plans. im going to be wwoofing while out there.

hopefully i can get the 90 day visa then.

thanks again folks

scrubbedexpat099 Sep 15th 2010 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by wesleyk (Post 8851913)

i have been away from enlgland since 06, just getting working visa's for countries and heading there, and i did have a perm residency visa application for aus, and my visa was granted the other week. so now i have a some where to fall back on i feel its time to hit the road again.

i also know that you cant work in the states ona tourist visa, but i have other plans. im going to be wwoofing while out there.

hopefully i can get the 90 day visa then.

thanks again folks

Organic Farming?

wesleyk Sep 15th 2010 4:39 pm

yeh organic farming. its a great way to travel mate. you help out on farms in exchange for food and accommodation.

scrubbedexpat099 Sep 15th 2010 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by wesleyk (Post 8851935)
yeh organic farming. its a great way to travel mate. you help out on farms in exchange for food and accommodation.

Not on a visitor visa you do not.

E3only Sep 15th 2010 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 8851709)
Sorry AUS

Each country has a different treaty, can not remember the details.

My question is - is there special treatment for the yanks. I have not heard of that...

wesleyk Sep 15th 2010 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 8851951)
Not on a visitor visa you do not.

your not working or getting paid..your helping them and there helping you. no money ever changes hands. its world wide mate.

scrubbedexpat099 Sep 15th 2010 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by wesleyk (Post 8851961)
your not working or getting paid..your helping them and there helping you. no money ever changes hands. its world wide mate.

Not in the US, not on the Visitor Visa or the VWP it isn't.

wesleyk Sep 15th 2010 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 8851963)
Not in the US, not on the Visitor Visa or the VWP it isn't.

ok mate settle down... i came on here for advice on visa.

Dorothy Sep 15th 2010 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by E3only (Post 8851618)
You mean yanks to go to AUS? What visa are you referring to?

Working Holiday Maker visa. It's good for a year and you can work for any one employer for up to 6 months. There is a possibility of an extension for another year if you do 88 days of regional work such as fruit picking.

Originally Posted by wesleyk (Post 8851913)

If your visa for Australia was just granted you would be wise to take a trip here to validate it before heading off somewhere else for a year. You do understand that you have to enter Australia before the initial entry date right?

wesleyk Sep 15th 2010 5:50 pm

they issued it to me all ready validated.

i came to aus on a tourist visa, then got given a bridging visa so i could stay in the country while applying for a de facto visa. immagration then sent me a letter the other week saying my de facto visa had been granted and i could leave and re-enter aus as many times as i like. apparently its all electronic

AdobePinon Sep 15th 2010 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by wesleyk (Post 8851968)
ok mate settle down... i came on here for advice on visa.

And you're getting it. What Boiler is trying to you is that you are clearly describing working in the US.

Dorothy Sep 15th 2010 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by wesleyk (Post 8852038)
they issued it to me all ready validated.

i came to aus on a tourist visa, then got given a bridging visa so i could stay in the country while applying for a de facto visa. immagration then sent me a letter the other week saying my de facto visa had been granted and i could leave and re-enter aus as many times as i like. apparently its all electronic

Ah well that's a different kettle of fish then. :) Loads of other visas need to be validated within a year of police checks/medicals. Good luck with the backpacking thing.

wesleyk Sep 15th 2010 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by AdobePinon (Post 8852044)
And you're getting it. What Boiler is trying to you is that you are clearly describing working in the US.

thank you..every has there own opinion. and thats why i came on here. lets just forget the whole wwoofing.

wesleyk Sep 15th 2010 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 8852046)
Ah well that's a different kettle of fish then. :) Loads of other visas need to be validated within a year of police checks/medicals. Good luck with the backpacking thing.

yeh i think i know what your on about, i had a few friends in vancouver who had to " wlak the flag " i think they called it. when they got residency they had to leave canadian soil and then come back to get there visa stammed.

Duncan Roberts Sep 16th 2010 12:48 am

Originally Posted by wesleyk (Post 8852059)
lets just forget the whole wwoofing.

That would be a wise choice since it's pretty much the definition of working. Work doesn't mean getting paid, it's receiving pretty much anything as compensation in exchange for doing pretty much anything.