Total newbie

Old Sep 10th 2017, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Kuzzie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Total newbie

So me and my partner want to move to Texas, I don't mind getting a company to help us with our applications but if I can save some pennies that would be good.
I have a level 4 diploma in accounting but not a degree.
He has no paper qualifications but has run a successful partnership with a motor bike business over here.
We want to move permanently so we don't have to worry about anything changing in a few years.
What are our options and chances?
Old Sep 10th 2017, 3:03 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Total newbie

Originally Posted by Kuzzie
What are our options and chances?
Your options? Start here. Read, digest, read again... then ask questions! Your chances? Probably not good... and slim at best.

Ian
Old Sep 10th 2017, 3:04 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Options: very limited

Chances: slim to none.

Start here: Pulaski Simplified, and here: Pulaski's Ways. When you have read them, carefully, please come back and tell us which possibilities apply to you and we'll be happy to discuss further.

BTW Why Texas? Do you have any experience of living there or anywhere in the US?

Also your accounting qualification is pretty worthless here, at best you might get a job as a book keeper with an accounting diploma, assuming you also have some experience to tout. But there is no chance you would get visa sponsorship with only a diploma, and even with a degree in accounting there is almost no chance of visa sponsorship because there are so many people already in the US with accounting qualifications and you would cost a prospective employer $8,000-$10,000 in visa and legal fees.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 10th 2017 at 3:12 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Ok well we have no job offers as we have only just decided, we have no convictions and Texas.... Why not, we want to be close to a drag strip, open land, horses and not somewhere like Miami or anywhere too cold.
Are there any visa companies you can recommend to help us out with any queries?
Old Sep 10th 2017, 3:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

No legitimate ones... but plenty that are willing to take your money, promise you lots, and deliver nothing. If you don't qualify for a visa, a visa company can't do anything to help you - even if they say they can.

Ian
Old Sep 10th 2017, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

I appreciate your guys being honest all be a bit blunt, is there a application we can do online to see if we are eligible or someone that can try and find a way for us to get a visa?
Old Sep 10th 2017, 3:17 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Ok well we have no job offers as we have only just decided, we have no convictions and Texas.... Why not, we want to be close to a drag strip, open land, horses and not somewhere like Miami or anywhere too cold.
Don't touch a "visa company", they will take your money and claim they can help, but they really can't.

The fact that you responded here after less than ten minutes strongly suggest that you haven't read the links I posted, so let me summarize for you:

Unless your "partner" has at least $200,000-$300,000 to invest he won't be getting any sort of visa to live and work in the US, and, based on what you have posted, that is pretty much his only chance. And you have no chance unless you are married to your "partner", as there is no chance of a visa for someone with (only) an accounting diploma.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Half of them don't relate to us! And I have read them before I just wanted clarification. I wanted to know our options..... Got them thanks
Old Sep 10th 2017, 3:23 pm
Account Closed

... is there a application we can do online to see if we are eligible...
Nothing official that I'm aware of - and even if found such an unofficial application, it's US immigration that decides whether or not you're sufficiently qualified.

... or someone that can try and find a way for us to get a visa?
That's what the provided link does - it outlines all the ways you can get to the US. Generally there are three ways: family-based, employment-based, and investment-based. You'll need to research each and every one of them to discover whether or not there's a way!

Half of them don't relate to us!
Then, with regret, there probably isn't an appropriate visa! It's a disappointment to be sure, but most people in the world, including most from the UK, will never come to the US as anything other than a visitor.

Ian
Old Sep 10th 2017, 3:24 pm

I appreciate your guys being honest all be a bit blunt, is there a application we can do online to see if we are eligible or someone that can try and find a way for us to get a visa?
After many years here on BE, helping people with visas, and seeing many questions such as yours, we summarized all the information in the two "Pulaski wikis". Those are all the options you have, and there are no other ways to obtain a visa.

Unfortunately there is a common misconception that the US "welcomes immigrants" when in truth the US is one of the hardest countries in the world to Immigrate to, unless you fall into one of the very specific visa categories described in the Pulaski wikis, in which case it is fairly easy.

Please also be aware that even if you go away and finagle your life to meet one the criteria for an employment based visa there is still very little chance that an employer in the US would hire you from outside the US.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 10th 2017 at 3:29 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 3:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are having trouble understanding the information in the links provided, then go ahead and have a 1- time consultation with an immigration attorney. Should cost you anything from $0 to $200 to find out if you qualify for any type of visa to live and work in the USA.

There is no application online, no.

Don't use any kind of service other than an immigration attorney.

Try here: AILA's Immigration Lawyer Search.

Rene
Old Sep 10th 2017, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Ever read so much stuff in one go that you feel your going round in circles..... That's like reading the stuff for the visa I'm sure you guys have been there before.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 10th 2017 at 3:30 pm. Reason: Nope. Swearing isn't ok - see site rule 2.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 3:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ever read so much stuff in one go that you feel your going round in circles..... That's like reading the stuff for the visa I'm sure you guys have been there before. So maybe don't be so ****ing rude.
No one was rude. Just realistic. Yes, it's difficult to wrap your head around, that's why we said read, digest, read again, then ask questions. And then my suggestion of asking a lawyer, as that's the only one who can give you any honest legal answer.

Rene
Old Sep 10th 2017, 3:32 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Ever read so much stuff in one go that you feel your going round in circles..... That's like reading the stuff for the visa I'm sure you guys have been there before.So maybe don't be so ****ing rude.
Wow.

All the responses have been so calm and helpful to you. Only person being rude is you. Unbelievable!
Old Sep 10th 2017, 3:32 pm

Ever read so much stuff in one go that you feel your going round in circles..... That's like reading the stuff for the visa I'm sure you guys have been there before. So maybe don't be so ****ing rude.
Sorry. No offence was meant.

Both Ian and I lean towards being "blunt". I suspect that the fact that our advice is disappointing to you has caused you to conclude that we are being "rude". Again, no offence was meant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.