Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Are toddlers allowed into the USCIS AOS interview?

Are toddlers allowed into the USCIS AOS interview?

Old Dec 27th 2009, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

skinderella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are toddlers allowed into the USCIS AOS interview?

Hi. I am so sorry if this question has been asked before, but I did a search and I am struggling to find an answer. My husband and I have his USCIS AOS interview coming up in a couple of weeks and we have a 2 year old daughter. We do not have any family here in Georgia, have never left our daughter with a babysitter before, and there is no one that we trust to watch her while we go to this interview. My queston is, are we allowed to bring her with us? Thank you in advance for your answer. We are stressed enough about this interview as it is without having to have the added stress of worrying about whether our daughter will be allowed in or not.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 5:03 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are toddlers allowed into the USCIS AOS interview?

Originally Posted by skinderella
Hi. I am so sorry if this question has been asked before, but I did a search and I am struggling to find an answer. My husband and I have his USCIS AOS interview coming up in a couple of weeks and we have a 2 year old daughter. We do not have any family here in Georgia, have never left our daughter with a babysitter before, and there is no one that we trust to watch her while we go to this interview. My queston is, are we allowed to bring her with us? Thank you in advance for your answer. We are stressed enough about this interview as it is without having to have the added stress of worrying about whether our daughter will be allowed in or not.

Yes, she will be allowed in. It would be helpful if she were a well behaved little girl and/or sleeping at the time of the interview but not to worry. She is excellent proof of your marriage (if she is your husband's child). Be sure to bring something to keep her amused while you are being questioned.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 5:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If this is a marriage-based AOS, Mr. Folinsky used to say it was an excellent idea to have the baby sit on the immigrant's lap for a while during the interview.

Rene
Old Dec 27th 2009, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Yes, she will be allowed in. It would be helpful if she were a well behaved little girl and/or sleeping at the time of the interview but not to worry. She is excellent proof of your marriage (if she is your husband's child). Be sure to bring something to keep her amused while you are being questioned.
Oh thank you so much! I feel so much better now. She is 2 so I am little afraid that she will be able to keep her cool for however many hours this is going to take us- but at least I know she will be able to come with us and that won't be a problem. Looks like this week we will be stocking up on sticker books, new crayons, coloring books, snacks, and any other distraction we can find. Well thanks again for the peace of mind and Happy New Year to you!
Old Dec 27th 2009, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If this is a marriage-based AOS, Mr. Folinsky used to say it was an excellent idea to have the baby sit on the immigrant's lap for a while during the interview.

Rene
Thank you we will keep this in mind! Little bugger looks just like her dad!
Old Dec 27th 2009, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Paulbpaul has a reputation beyond reputePaulbpaul has a reputation beyond reputePaulbpaul has a reputation beyond reputePaulbpaul has a reputation beyond reputePaulbpaul has a reputation beyond reputePaulbpaul has a reputation beyond reputePaulbpaul has a reputation beyond reputePaulbpaul has a reputation beyond reputePaulbpaul has a reputation beyond reputePaulbpaul has a reputation beyond reputePaulbpaul has a reputation beyond repute

Well this is good news as I have my AOS interview scheduled on 29th January in Minnesota. We have no choice but to bring our 1 year old daughter with us, as the journey will involve an overnight stay at a hotel.

Good luck!

Paul
Old Dec 28th 2009, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Paulbpaul
Well this is good news as I have my AOS interview scheduled on 29th January in Minnesota. We have no choice but to bring our 1 year old daughter with us, as the journey will involve an overnight stay at a hotel.

Good luck!

Paul
Good luck to you too Paul!
Old Dec 28th 2009, 1:19 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

we took our toddler
and I think it is the reason that there hardly was an interview.
I think they saw the child and that seemed to be about it.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

Paulbpaul has a reputation beyond reputePaulbpaul has a reputation beyond reputePaulbpaul has a reputation beyond reputePaulbpaul has a reputation beyond reputePaulbpaul has a reputation beyond reputePaulbpaul has a reputation beyond reputePaulbpaul has a reputation beyond reputePaulbpaul has a reputation beyond reputePaulbpaul has a reputation beyond reputePaulbpaul has a reputation beyond reputePaulbpaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skinderella
Good luck to you too Paul!
Thanks and good luck to you, Skinderella.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

LadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud of

At the time of my interview I had a just turned 2yr old and a 6mth old with no family to look after then off to the interview they went. AO didnt like it to much but couldn't do anything about it. As we explained to her that we had no family that could watch them and we had also spent the previous night in a hotel as it would be easier on the girls instead of getting the up early and having to deal with the 2hr drive and have them cranky during the interview....Needless to say it was proof of our relationship as the girls are mine and my husbands . Good luck with your interview and Best of Luck