Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Titchski's Superfun Naturalization Timeline...

Titchski's Superfun Naturalization Timeline...

Old May 14th 2009, 10:03 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Titchski's Superfun Naturalization Timeline...

Is no longer necessary

Drove up to Tampa in pouring rain yesterday afternoon, stayed at the Hyatt Regency with Mrs T, her mother, sister and brother in law. Celebrated my brother in laws birthday in the restaurant and popped off to bed.

Up early this morning, down to reception to take the shuttle to the convention center, only to find the night staff hadn't really booked the bleeding thing, even after they said they would. Get taxi to convention center. Realize convention center is only a 5 minute walk from the hotel

Sit down in cavernous hall with 406 other naturalizationees. Comedian/USCIS officer starts the show with some jokes about Chris Rock and how the process will work. Wander up to the front and give up my precious green card (one of the only photos I have left of me with hair!). In return I receive a flag, a program and a little book packed full of info about the USA and several court cases. We are all assured by Billy Mays the USCIS officer that this is exceptional value for a one time payment of $675.00

Next step is a video about the USA and a sing-a-long to Lee Greenwood's "God bless the USA". We then sing the Star Spangled Banner (in my case, appallingly). Finally, we go through the Oath of Allegiance and finish up with the Pledge. We form up in lines to receive our certificates and then I wander off out of the hall a fresh new virginal American!

Straight on line to apply for a passport. 10 minutes later I'm out of the line as my sister in law isn't feeling well. Take the 5 minute walk back to the Hyatt. Mother in law falls on the uneven sidewalk. My first instinct is to sue someone (I'm picking up this being American thing really fast!). Back to the Hyatt where we go up to the room, minus Mrs T who is "sorting out" the mess about the shuttle. She comes up to the room with free parking for our car, free airport shuttle service for brother/sister in law and free lunch for us all. Apparently she didn't have to shout at anyone, but I wonder...

As we enter the lobby to go to lunch, I notice the assembled staff dive for cover as Mrs T walks into view, lunch was smashing (and free). We then drive back down from Tampa this afternoon in the pouring rain...

All done, and it's only taken 11 years
Old May 14th 2009, 10:19 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Titchski's Superfun Naturalization Timeline...

Fabulous! Congratulations!!!!

Welcome to the fold, my hairless fellow American!

PS: you don't get the course on how to shake down free stuff without suing until you take the Advanced Citizenship program. A real value at ONLY $455!!!
Old May 14th 2009, 10:23 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Many congratulations.
Old May 14th 2009, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome news, mate! Congrats!
Old May 14th 2009, 10:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

What a great write up! Congratulations!

Rene
Old May 15th 2009, 1:35 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Titchski
All done, and it's only taken 11 years
Congratulations! Well done.

Ian
Old May 15th 2009, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Many Congratulations
Old May 15th 2009, 4:38 pm
I can't Re-Member

HighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond repute

Love your story. Congrats too.