Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Thinking of moving to New York From the UK in the future

Thinking of moving to New York From the UK in the future

Old May 21st 2009, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Silver27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Thinking of moving to New York From the UK in the future

Hey i am currently a student and at the moment i am interested in moving to New York in the future however i have not fully made my mind up and need a little advice. After visiting a few sites and posting on forums i have learnt a great deal of information but i would like to learn more. I have relatives in New York but they are not family such as parents or brothers and i have been told that they can not help me move. Could someone please tell me the proceeders i should take and also give me some recommendations. I would appreciate any help. I am not fully convinced i want to at the moment but i would like a great insight of this.
Thanks a bunch in advance!
Old May 21st 2009, 9:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of moving to New York From the UK in the future

Originally Posted by Silver27
Hey i am currently a student and at the moment i am interested in moving to New York in the future however i have not fully made my mind up and need a little advice. After visiting a few sites and posting on forums i have learnt a great deal of information but i would like to learn more. I have relatives in New York but they are not family such as parents or brothers and i have been told that they can not help me move. Could someone please tell me the proceeders i should take and also give me some recommendations. I would appreciate any help. I am not fully convinced i want to at the moment but i would like a great insight of this.
Thanks a bunch in advance!
Read these links and let us know which visa category you might fall into, then we can answer more specific questions:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585898

Rene
Old May 22nd 2009, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond repute

Rene -

Yes, definitely point them to the "Pulaski's Ways" wiki article. But I'm curious why you included the second link...? It just includes a link to the same Pulaski article.

- Eric S.
Old May 22nd 2009, 7:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eric S
Rene -

Yes, definitely point them to the "Pulaski's Ways" wiki article. But I'm curious why you included the second link...? It just includes a link to the same Pulaski article.

- Eric S.
LOL, the second link was an afterthought....just figured what the heck!

Rene
Old May 23rd 2009, 12:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Read these links and let us know which visa category you might fall into, then we can answer more specific questions:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585898

Rene
I think what I'm gunna do in the future is possibly take a holliday to New York first and see what it is like. I appreciate all the help I have been given and all the information I have been told. I will think and decide weither I am really into moving or not. Thanks for everything all
Old May 23rd 2009, 12:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
LOL, the second link was an afterthought....just figured what the heck!

Rene
Thanks all for the help I will deffinantly give moving a thought however I don't think I want to at the moment and I wouldent want to move unless I was 100% sure. Thanks for the help everyone
Old May 23rd 2009, 5:06 am
Banned

srah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Silver27
I think what I'm gunna do in the future is possibly take a holliday to New York first and see what it is like. I appreciate all the help I have been given and all the information I have been told. I will think and decide weither I am really into moving or not. Thanks for everything all
Just remember, holidaying is not at all like actually moving and living in another country.