Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Teaching a course/seminar in the US

Wikiposts

Teaching a course/seminar in the US

Old Jul 5th 2012, 5:23 am
Just Joined

Rippers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Teaching a course/seminar in the US

Guys, I could really do with some advice.

I've got a dream of teaching courses/seminars in Mediumship and Spiritualism in the US and I may be in a financial position to make this a reality in the near future. I'd be looking to go over for about three weeks to a month at a time every few months, but remain living in the UK for the rest of the time.

What I need is advice on what kind of visa would I need to legally work for short periods of time. I'd be self employed, so that probably makes a big difference.

I'm not sure where to start, but you guys seem like a good lot to ask, so I hope you don't mind me picking your brains.

Many thanks,

Rippers x
Old Jul 5th 2012, 5:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Teaching a course/seminar in the US

If you are being paid, no chance.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 5:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
If you are being paid, no chance.
Can you expand on that any?
Old Jul 5th 2012, 5:35 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rippers
Can you expand on that any?
Because there isn't a visa to do what you want and no one will sponsor you for a short term basis for anything else.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 5:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bob
Because there isn't a visa to do what you want and no one will sponsor you for a short term basis for anything else.
Thank you for that.

So I'd need to look to relocate? I'm just at the early stages of this, so any ideas or suggestions would be welcome.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 5:40 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a dream of teaching courses/seminars in Mediumship and Spiritualism in the US
Is there anything that will make you stand out from the pack? Even talking to snakes is de rigueur here.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 5:42 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Is there anything that will make you stand out from the pack? Even talking to snakes is de rigueur here.
He/she is a medium. How about dead snakes?
Old Jul 5th 2012, 5:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

R1?
Old Jul 5th 2012, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I have noticed from watching the TV programmes about ghosts that mediums are now redundant, you shout at the ghost and record the answer on an EVP machine.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 5:45 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, I could really do with some advice.

I've got a dream of teaching courses/seminars in Mediumship and Spiritualism in the US and I may be in a financial position to make this a reality in the near future. I'd be looking to go over for about three weeks to a month at a time every few months, but remain living in the UK for the rest of the time.

What I need is advice on what kind of visa would I need to legally work for short periods of time. I'd be self employed, so that probably makes a big difference.

I'm not sure where to start, but you guys seem like a good lot to ask, so I hope you don't mind me picking your brains.

Many thanks,

Rippers x
Read through this link, and see if any of the visa types suit you. If you see one that might work for you, come on back and we'll discuss.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

Rene
Old Jul 5th 2012, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I'm sure anyone could find something that would make them stand out if they were asked. I've got a 20 year professional teaching/training background but I'm clean out of snakes, dead or otherwise
I'm trained through the British Spiritualist Church and I'd probably be looking to find an area where I could also support a local Spiritualist church, if they'd have me!
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
He/she is a medium. How about dead snakes?
LOL Harry Potter vacation adverts now.
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I have noticed from watching the TV programmes about ghosts that mediums are now redundant, you shout at the ghost and record the answer on an EVP machine.
Interesting, that's not what I've heard.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 5:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Read through this link, and see if any of the visa types suit you. If you see one that might work for you, come on back and we'll discuss.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

Rene
Thanks Rene, I'll do that.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure anyone could find something that would make them stand out if they were asked. I've got a 20 year professional teaching/training background but I'm clean out of snakes, dead or otherwise
I'm trained through the British Spiritualist Church and I'd probably be looking to find an area where I could also support a local Spiritualist church, if they'd have me!
Would it count as a church?
You are a foreign member of a religious denomination having a bona fide non-profit religious organization in the US and entering the US to carry on the activities of a minister or religious worker as a profession, occupation or vocation Search for: R1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.