Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

tax transcripts ..what do they look like?

tax transcripts ..what do they look like?

Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default tax transcripts ..what do they look like?

I called the tax transcript phone number from the UK on Tuesday last week. I spent 45 minutes on the call in a combination of being put on hold and her arranging my tax transcripts to be sent off and her trying to figure out how to send it to the UK. After the conversation I was left worried that I would never get it. She advised it would take 15 days, so I thought, okay, sounds fair enough as it says 10 days on the form but I'm in another country so I figured extra time for posting.

But today, I was SHOCKED to receive them in the UK, less than a week after I ordered them. The problem is, I'm not sure if I was sent the right thing. The transcripts are each 6 pages long, I requested 3 years worth and it looks like it was just printed off a website as the website address is on the bottom.

It does say tax transcript but they look rather unofficial. Does this sound right? I'm a worry wart my nature but immigration send me into a whole other realm of worrying.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 12:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tax transcripts ..what do they look like?

That sounds right. The official tax transcripts do not really look very official at all. It looks, in fact, very unofficial.

Rene
Old Oct 19th 2009, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katnap8
It does say tax transcript but they look rather unofficial. Does this sound right? I'm a worry wart my nature but immigration send me into a whole other realm of worrying.
That sounds right. They don't look very impressive. No ribbons, seals, or banners, just pages of numbers.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 2:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill_S
That sounds right. They don't look very impressive. No ribbons, seals, or banners, just pages of numbers.
Exactly. I was surprised too, but you've got the right thing in hand.

Rene
Old Oct 19th 2009, 2:03 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill_S
... just pages of numbers.
Yup... that's them! Mine arrived on off-white, somewhat flimsy paper.

Ian
Old Oct 19th 2009, 6:22 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

They look very unofficial. By the way, you can use an automated system to order them if you ever need any more. I never spoke to anyone and just punched in the info that they asked. You do need a touchtone phone which most people have anyway. I got the transcripts in about a week.