Successful Interview

Old Apr 24th 2003, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice
Default Successful Interview

Well we did it. We successfully passed the AOS interview at the Arlington, VA office today. On top of that, all background checks were already done and my wife has her passport stamp.

FYI, it was a J1 (no 2 year rule) to PR and my wife is French (I think that may have something to do with the background checks going a bit quicker).

I almost do not want to call it an interview, as we really never were asked any questions. Its was SO damm easy. We brought with us:

-Both our passports, her I-94
-INS Letters, EAD card
- 2000-2002 taxes (just my turbo tax copies)--they only took the 2002
- Marriage Certificate
- Her Brith certificate, plus translation
- 1 joint phone bill
- 2 joint bank statements
- Copies of actual credit cards with our names on them (he did not need this)
- 2002 W2s (both of us)
- Letters of employment for both of us
- 3 letters from those who know us, all notarized
- About 20 pictures of our families together (in the US and France) and our wedding. They never touched these

ThHe interview was scheduled for 11:45 (got there at 11:30) but we were not seen until 1:30 (whew). Went in, got her fingerprint first. Then to the examiners office. After asking for her passport, I-94 and letters of employment for both us the next thing he asked for was 3 years of my W2s. UH OH! The one thing I did not bring. I guess I assumed they still had those with the Affidavat of Support. I mumbled that I did not have them, that the letter was not clear. He said, ok and never asked again.

He then asked if we had moved. We had and gave him the new address. We then spoke for 5 minutes about how we live near a bar he likes. I was pretty relaxed at this point, since he seemed to like us.

He then asked how long we had been married. This was the only read question asked. After that, he was stapling and typing for a while. He then told us if we had 10 minutes he would see if the background check came through so he could give her the passport stamp. BAMM! That means we passed.

So, he went online and got the first background check up right away. He mentioned that a private company did a background check based on the Biographical form (G-?). That was a surprise for me, I thought it was the FBI who did that check. Then it took about 10 more minutes to find the results of a second background check. All came back clear and he stamped the passport and promised the green card in 3 to 6 months. WOOHOO. We gave him the EAD back, got notification on the two year rule, and we were out of there in 15 minutes flat.

Thanks to everyone who provided advice on this NG. It was really helpful in the end.

Mark

PS: Rete, yes I will put this on the interview website tomorrow (-:
Old Apr 24th 2003, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!!!
Old Apr 24th 2003, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

soleil is an unknown quantity at this point

that is good news. COngrats!
Old Apr 24th 2003, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

John McHugh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Successful Interview

Originally posted by DCMark
Well we did it. We successfully passed the AOS interview at the Arlington, VA office today.
Congratulations! A big hurdle out of the way. And since we'll be interviewing in Arlington in June, your story is most helpful.

By the way, what's the name of that bar? It might not be a bad idea to stop by the night before the interview and buy any BCIS officials present a couple tequilas.
Old Apr 24th 2003, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!!!! It is so nice that your wife got the stamp right away!

God, we can not wait for ours....

Caroline
Old Apr 24th 2003, 10:13 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

My congratulations on your success. Like with most BCIS/US Consulate interviews, it is anti-climatic. And thanks for putting your experience on Kamya. Much appreciated.

Rete

Well we did it. We successfully passed the AOS interview at the Arlington, VA office today. On top of that, all background checks were already done and my wife has her passport stamp.

FYI, it was a J1 (no 2 year rule) to PR and my wife is French (I think that may have something to do with the background checks going a bit quicker).

I almost do not want to call it an interview, as we really never were asked any questions. Its was SO damm easy. We brought with us:

-INS Letters, EAD card
- Marriage Certificate
- 1 joint phone bill
- 2002 W2s (both of us)
- About 20 pictures of our families together (in the US and France) and our wedding. They never touched these

ThHe interview was scheduled for 11:45 (got there at 11:30) but we were not seen until 1:30 (whew). Went in, got her fingerprint first. Then to the examiners office. After asking for her passport, I-94 and letters of employment for both us the next thing he asked for was 3 years of my W2s. UH OH! The one thing I did not bring. I guess I assumed they still had those with the Affidavat of Support. I mumbled that I did not have them, that the letter was not clear. He said, ok and never asked again.

He then asked if we had moved. We had and gave him the new address. We then spoke for 5 minutes about how we live near a bar he likes. I was pretty relaxed at this point, since he seemed to like us.

He then asked how long we had been married. This was the only read question asked. After that, he was stapling and typing for a while. He then told us if we had 10 minutes he would see if the background check came through so he could give her the passport stamp. BAMM! That means we passed.

So, he went online and got the first background check up right away. He mentioned that a private company did a background check based on the Biographical form (G-?). That was a surprise for me, I thought it was the FBI who did that check. Then it took about 10 more minutes to find the results of a second background check. All came back clear and he stamped the passport and promised the green card in 3 to 6 months. WOOHOO. We gave him the EAD back, got notification on the two year rule, and we were out of there in 15 minutes flat.

Thanks to everyone who provided advice on this NG. It was really helpful in the end.

Mark

Old Apr 24th 2003, 10:31 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw your post on the other thread and was going to ask you.."isn't today Thursday?!" Congrats & glad you got THE stamp. Phew for another year and nine months!
Old Apr 25th 2003, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

kjdrga is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent!

Hopefully that means my husband's background check will be done since we are roughly a month behind you. I will make sure to get the three years of W-2 together.

By the way, speaking of affidavits, where they a help? Did he just take all the info from you and file it or only take what he needed?

Keep us posted on when you actually receive the green card!

Congradulations, keep your fingers crossed for us on May 20th.
Old Apr 25th 2003, 1:17 pm
Andy Platt

"DCMark" wrote

> Well we did it. We successfully passed the AOS interview at the
    > Arlington, VA office today. On top of that, all background checks were
    > already done and my wife has her passport stamp.

Congrats.

> to the examiners office. After asking for her passport, I-94 and
    > letters of employment for both us the next thing he asked for was 3
    > years of my W2s. UH OH! The one thing I did not bring. I guess I

I had those but, ironically, they didn't ask for them!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old Apr 25th 2003, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

imkimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

-INS Letters, EAD card
- Marriage Certificate
- 1 joint phone bill
- 2002 W2s (both of us)

Mark

Congrats Mark. We took 3 year's worth of tax returns and at our's they were only interested in the most recent one too! It took us 5 months (almost to the day) to get the greencard in the snailmail.

Kimberly
Old Apr 25th 2003, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

usmprez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default congratulations

Hi Mark:

Congratulations on successful interview.

My wife has her AOS interview in Arlington in a few months. How long before the interview were your wife's fingerprints taken at the support center? Just wondering how much time between this and all background checks being completed.

Thanks for any info