Stupid law enforcement rules USA

Old May 25th 2009, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid law enforcement rules USA

And Finally.................
Attached Thumbnails Stupid law enforcement rules USA-file0013.jpg  
Old May 25th 2009, 1:51 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thinbrit
I would imagine leniency is at a personal level, and not at an institutional level.
You continue to miss the point. The institutional focus of law enforcement shifting to prioritise revenue generation is precisely what we're talking about.
Old May 25th 2009, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by tonrob
Good man.

What are you going to do with them? Sprout curry? Omelette? Sprout tacos?
Don't know yet. I think I may just have them lightly boiled, with a knob of butter and some salt.
Old May 25th 2009, 1:54 pm

thinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Why are you still bleating on about this? The next time I get a ticket I will react exactly as I please.
As you have every right to do, but don't expect sympathy from everyone if you choose to cry about it.

I'm not trying to be sanctimonious and saying I don't speed - I do, and have paid fines for doing so. I broke the law, knew what I was doing, got caught, and paid the price. I'll still gamble and speed when it suits me. I won't come to BE like some bleeding heart and expect sympathy for doing so though.
Old May 25th 2009, 1:56 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
And Finally.................
And whatever you do ..don't piss of the dog

Old May 25th 2009, 1:59 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

As you have every right to do, but don't expect sympathy from everyone if you choose to cry about it.

I'm not trying to be sanctimonious and saying I don't speed - I do, and have paid fines for doing so. I broke the law, knew what I was doing, got caught, and paid the price. I'll still gamble and speed when it suits me. I won't come to BE like some bleeding heart and expect sympathy for doing so though.
Who's crying about getting done for speeding? You've lost me.
Old May 25th 2009, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
And whatever you do ..don't piss of the dog

Ahh memories Thanks Ray ! Having said and seen that, our lads wouldn't have gone anywhere near my two or they would have been dog fodder themselves. LOL
Old May 25th 2009, 2:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I'll accept your claim on face value, although you offered no supporting evidence that this is the case. I still stand by my original point - if they didn't break the law they wouldn't get a fine; regardless as to who is being fined, and whether as you claim some are fined more frequently than others, the fact they broke the law created the revenue stream. The police didn't get a revenue stream from innocent 'victims'.
Drive down I-95 and count the number of out of state plates pulled over v local plates...it's common knowledge.

Now I don't have a problem with excessive speeding getting pulled, but if you've got MA plates your more likely to get pulled doing 70 on the interstate in Maine than a ME plate doing 90.

Now if enforcing the law was the reason, people equally should be pulled rather than those less likely to contest and get a ticket chucked, because it really is just a money making exercise.

If it weren't just about the money, more local drunk drivers would get pulled, which there are loads of, also people for weaving and other infractions, but it doesn't happen. Of course you lose your license if your a drunk driver, but you wrack up a bigger ticket for speeding on the interstate.
Old May 25th 2009, 2:06 pm

thinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Who's crying about getting done for speeding? You've lost me.
Transpose 'traffic citation' or 'ticket' for 'speeding'. I've only been unlucky enough to get speeding tickets and responded with those on my mind.
Old May 25th 2009, 2:13 pm

Transpose 'traffic citation' or 'ticket' for 'speeding'. I've only been unlucky enough to get speeding tickets and responded with those on my mind.

I think that you think we're still talking about the OP. We moved on from that, long ago.
Old May 25th 2009, 2:18 pm
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

thinbrit
Old May 25th 2009, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by chartreuse

I think that you think we're still talking about the OP. We moved on from that, long ago.
Try and keep up will you it was a response to http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=104
Old May 25th 2009, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

By in large, I think the police deserve our respect and thanks. They get a lot of crap for not a lot of pay, and are asked to put their lives on the line in their jobs.

Just today:

Two Hurt Saving Mom, Boy as Train Hits Stalled Van
Old May 25th 2009, 2:54 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
By in large, I think the police deserve our respect and thanks. They get a lot of crap for not a lot of pay, and are asked to put their lives on the line in their jobs.

Just today:

Two Hurt Saving Mom, Boy as Train Hits Stalled Van
Don't know what your talking about, state troopers around here are on $65-130K...I call that pretty good coin myself...
Old May 25th 2009, 10:49 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse

Try and keep up will you it was a response to http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=104
And I certainly wasn't posting with the OP's situation in mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.