Stupid law enforcement rules USA

Old May 23rd 2009, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

garrettciaran is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stupid law enforcement rules USA

My BBW girlfriend fiancee has just been stopped in Texas for a seatbelt violation, she was wearing it but it wasn't buckled because she is a big girl.

After being stopped myself for 2 very petty motoring violations, I think the Law Enforcement Officers are just out to get money.

Has anyone else been on the receiving end of these gun-toting law jackasses?

Yours in Exasperation, Garrett
Old May 23rd 2009, 10:24 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid law enforcement rules USA

Originally Posted by garrettciaran
My BBW girlfriend fiancee has just been stopped in Texas for a seatbelt violation, she was wearing it but it wasn't buckled because she is a big girl.

After being stopped myself for 2 very petty motoring violations, I think the Law Enforcement Officers are just out to get money.

Sorry, but there's a seatbelt law and you have to pass a test to get a licence to drive which includes knowledge on laws. Where's the problem?

I thought that there was such a thing as seat belt extenders anyway?
Old May 23rd 2009, 10:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Might be petty to you, but still a violation and its their job to pull one over when they see a violation regardless of how petty it might be.

I have a heavy set family member and she uses an extender, being heavy does not mean one can ignore the law.
Old May 23rd 2009, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

As someone who has been issued five tickets in my six years in the US, I have to say that the laws the law and if you don't follow the law, you had better get used to being issued tickets and paying the fine.

1) Cellphone while driving - I was on the phone for 10 seconds telling my wife, I'd call her back and got pulled over.
2) Speeding - On the morning my wife told me she was pregnant and I was not paying attention
3) Speeding - Nothing to add.
4) Failing to stop at a stop sign - I bloody well did stop, but I saw no beneift it fighting it as it was my word against the cops.
5) Drivers side headlight out - It blew on xmas eve 2008 and I got pulled over on boxing day. Obviously I'd had no chance to get it repaired.

All that said, I've broken the speed limit a lot more than twice and I HAVE had instances when I have not completely stopped at a stop sign, so it's not worth complaining.
Old May 23rd 2009, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

garrettciaran is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CitySimon
As someone who has been issued five tickets in my six years in the US, I have to say that the laws the law and if you don't follow the law, you had better get used to being issued tickets and paying the fine.

1) Cellphone while driving - I was on the phone for 10 seconds telling my wife, I'd call her back and got pulled over.
2) Speeding - On the morning my wife told me she was pregnant and I was not paying attention
3) Speeding - Nothing to add.
4) Failing to stop at a stop sign - I bloody well did stop, but I saw no beneift it fighting it as it was my word against the cops.
5) Drivers side headlight out - It blew on xmas eve 2008 and I got pulled over on boxing day. Obviously I'd had no chance to get it repaired.

All that said, I've broken the speed limit a lot more than twice and I HAVE had instances when I have not completely stopped at a stop sign, so it's not worth complaining.
I left the USA in March and my American fiancee will be coming over as soon as possible, she cannot stand the country, and she is a Texan. As for law enforcement, I feel the motorist is an easy target for them, reducing crime doesnt seem to be a priority in Huntsville, Texas, as they can exact revenue without much trouble.
Old May 23rd 2009, 10:50 pm
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

At the end of the day, having a seatbelt on could save your life. Just wearing it without buckling it in is the same as not wearing it at all especially in the event of an accident.
Old May 23rd 2009, 11:17 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indigoblue
At the end of the day, having a seatbelt on could save your life. Just wearing it without buckling it in is the same as not wearing it at all especially in the event of an accident.
Some people think it's ridiculous that such a law is required for that very reason, why wouldn't someone wear it. It's not only injury to yourself - by not wearing a seatbelt there's more potential for causing injury to others... and not to mention that wearing it without buckling it implies absolutely that she was aware she was breaking the law and involves deceit.
Old May 23rd 2009, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

....but it's the law, and it is also a holiday weekend and also all the local TV channels have been telling their viewers all week that this weekend all the local,state and county officers are cracking down.

You snooze you loose. Not much to whinge about in my opinion
Old May 24th 2009, 12:29 am
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

Seat belts save lives, FACT. You really should wear it all the time.

Last edited by Michelmas; May 24th 2009 at 12:34 am. Reason: That was a nasty thing for me to say...
Old May 24th 2009, 12:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

If it wasn't buckled she wasn't wearing it...therefore she was breaking the law. I don't see what the problem is.
Old May 24th 2009, 1:22 am

thinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond repute

The Texas Department of Transportation has a huge "click it or ticket" campaign running right now, it has been very well advertised.
http://www.texasclickitorticket.com/home.asp

fact sheet
http://www.texasclickitorticket.com/...tSheet2009.pdf

Law enforcement officers can hardly be accused of being out to get money, the law is clear and you both broke it. They didn't unbuckle her seat belt and write a ticket, she flouted the law and got caught.
Old May 24th 2009, 2:53 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

thin brit, haha. sorry.
Old May 24th 2009, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly what is stupid about wearing a seatbelt?
Old May 24th 2009, 3:05 am
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by neil
Some people think it's ridiculous that such a law is required for that very reason, why wouldn't someone wear it. It's not only injury to yourself - by not wearing a seatbelt there's more potential for causing injury to others... and not to mention that wearing it without buckling it implies absolutely that she was aware she was breaking the law and involves deceit.
Originally Posted by Michelmas
Seat belts save lives, FACT. You really should wear it all the time.
Absolutely right.
Old May 24th 2009, 3:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indigoblue
Absolutely right.

Remember.....Clunk Click Every Trip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.