Stupid law enforcement rules USA

Old May 25th 2009, 2:51 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid law enforcement rules USA

Originally Posted by franc111s
So, on to the main point of the thread. All the cops around here are out with their laser guns because they need the tax dollars. With so many unemployed, foreclosures and people out of work, the local government is running out of money! Expect more of this until the economy recovers - i.e. a long time!
That's my problem though.

enforcing the law is not the same as indirect revenue raising.
Old May 25th 2009, 2:57 pm
Banned

Gregory Ainsworth III has a brilliant futureGregory Ainsworth III has a brilliant futureGregory Ainsworth III has a brilliant futureGregory Ainsworth III has a brilliant futureGregory Ainsworth III has a brilliant futureGregory Ainsworth III has a brilliant future

Remember we are all guests here. "When in Rome, do as the Romans do" and if you don't like it there are nonstop flights leaving from here to the U.K. every hour on the hour.
Old May 25th 2009, 2:57 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt the decision to increase revenue with increased citations is made by the rank and file. That type of systemic behavior must come down from the brass and the politicians.

The cops are likely just along for the ride.
Old May 25th 2009, 2:59 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gregory Ainsworth III
Remember we are all guests here. "When in Rome, do as the Romans do" and if you don't like it there are nonstop flights leaving from here to the U.K. every hour on the hour.
That kind of thinking comes from someone whom feels like a guest.

I on the other hand am a taxpayer.

you need more assimilation
Old May 25th 2009, 3:12 pm
Banned

Gregory Ainsworth III has a brilliant futureGregory Ainsworth III has a brilliant futureGregory Ainsworth III has a brilliant futureGregory Ainsworth III has a brilliant futureGregory Ainsworth III has a brilliant futureGregory Ainsworth III has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Manc
That kind of thinking comes from someone whom feels like a guest.

I on the other hand am a taxpayer.

you need more assimilation
Lol, good one...I'm still in the process
Old May 25th 2009, 3:28 pm

thinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond repute

How is it that some people feel so detached from their community/city/state/country. That 'source of revenue' is going to the very community/city/state/country in which you live! If you don't like how it is used then you have the right to vote for change. If you don't wish to contribute then don't break the law. The fines are in place as a deterrent. We are not talking about laws that we were not informed about, we all know them.

It amazes me that people are infuriated they are ticketed for going 65 in a 55. You rolled the dice by speeding and hoped it wasn't enough to get you a ticket, but nevertheless it was speeding. The fact that you got caught was a chance you took, the police didn't tamper with your speedometer or slip lead weights in to your footwear while you were sleeping.

In the small city (pop. 2000) in which I live we have a small 2 man police force. At a recent city meeting the chief of police was asked about the value for money the police force provided, and the need for a new court software application to streamline the handling of citations. When pressed on "how many citations do you issue" the chief replied "enough" - meaning he issued tickets when warranted. If he never issued a single ticket then he was doing his job - the deterrent was working. 'Revenue' cannot be increased by the police, it is driven by those who break the law.
Old May 25th 2009, 3:32 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thinbrit
How is it that some people feel so detached from their community/city/state/country. That 'source of revenue' is going to the very community/city/state/country in which you live! If you don't like how it is used then you have the right to vote for change. If you don't wish to contribute then don't break the law. The fines are in place as a deterrent. We are not talking about laws that we were not informed about, we all know them.

It amazes me that people are infuriated they are ticketed for going 65 in a 55. You rolled the dice by speeding and hoped it wasn't enough to get you a ticket, but nevertheless it was speeding. The fact that you got caught was a chance you took, the police didn't tamper with your speedometer or slip lead weights in to your footwear while you were sleeping.

In the small city (pop. 2000) in which I live we have a small 2 man police force. At a recent city meeting the chief of police was asked about the value for money the police force provided, and the need for a new court software application to streamline the handling of citations. When pressed on "how many citations do you issue" the chief replied "enough" - meaning he issued tickets when warranted. If he never issued a single ticket then he was doing his job - the deterrent was working. 'Revenue' cannot be increased by the police, it is driven by those who break the law.
Well said.
Old May 25th 2009, 3:47 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

can't argue with this
Old May 25th 2009, 4:15 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
The OP is a fully fledged Moron ..why are we even replying
to his pathetic trite ...
I want to know if his girlfriend has massive norks or is just a porker - ffs someone give the man a chance to reply
Old May 25th 2009, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
I think cops let way more traffic violations slide than they actually ticket. I've seen cops doing radar/laser traps in 60/65 zones let hundreds of cars go by doing 75-85, people weaving in and out of traffic on the highway dangerously, people going through red lights, making right turns on red when there is a big sign prohibiting it and not stopping at stop signs among many others.
Point:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...3&postcount=50
Old May 25th 2009, 4:19 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg14624
It's not uncommon for police jurisdictions to be specifically exempt from the cell phone, and the seatbelt laws.
Are they supposed to be using their laptops when driving too - a large proportion of them seem to do that round my way
Old May 25th 2009, 4:22 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Are they supposed to be using their laptops when driving too - a large proportion of them seem to do that round my way
I've seen computers mounted in some police cars. I suspect they use them to run license plates, record checks and/or GPS mapping.
Old May 25th 2009, 4:23 pm
Thinking about it

'Revenue' cannot be increased by the police, it is driven by those who break the law.
Actually it can by how they police the laws and by the law makers themselves.
Old May 25th 2009, 4:24 pm
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by crg14624
I've seen computers mounted in some police cars. I suspect they use them to run license plates, record checks and/or GPS mapping.
And it is ok for them to use them whilst driving is it ??
Potentially typing, driving and holding a conversation over the radio doesn't sound too safe to me.
Old May 25th 2009, 4:31 pm
crg
American Expat

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
And it is ok for them to use them whilst driving is it ??
Potentially typing, driving and holding a conversation over the radio doesn't sound too safe to me.
I'd rather they be doing that than napping under a shade tree in the park watching netflix movies on it.

Considering how many miles they must be driving, and how I've never seen a smashed cop car at the side of the road, I'd suspect that overall they are behaving in a safe manner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.