Stupid law enforcement rules USA

Old May 24th 2009, 4:00 am
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future
Default Re: Stupid law enforcement rules USA

BBW
Big bum wedgie?
Old May 24th 2009, 4:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indigoblue
BBW
Big bum wedgie?

Have you been trying to come up with something all this time...
Old May 24th 2009, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by augigi
Maybe because saying "Fat" is considered insulting and pejorative?

WTF is a "girlfriend fiancee"?? Pick one.
Of course I know that I just prefer to be more black and white thats all.
Old May 24th 2009, 4:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indigoblue
BBW
Big bum wedgie?
Old May 24th 2009, 4:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
What gets me is the use of words such as ....Big or Heavy set, why all the pussy footing around ..... the word is FAT.

Oy....that's me you are talking about

And I pussyfoot around and call myself pleasantly plump
Old May 24th 2009, 4:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Oy....that's me you are talking about

And I pussyfoot around and call myself pleasantly plump
Your not that big are ya you get on the back of a bike.
Old May 24th 2009, 4:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britvic
Your not that big are ya you get on the back of a bike.

My stomach is M's back rest
Old May 24th 2009, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My stomach is M's back rest
tis good to keep your man comfortable.
Old May 24th 2009, 4:28 am
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

Have you been trying to come up with something all this time...
Yes I have been . . .how sad am I
I think its best if I go to bed now
Old May 24th 2009, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I think cops let way more traffic violations slide than they actually ticket. I've seen cops doing radar/laser traps in 60/65 zones let hundreds of cars go by doing 75-85, people weaving in and out of traffic on the highway dangerously, people going through red lights, making right turns on red when there is a big sign prohibiting it and not stopping at stop signs among many others. If they REALLY cracked down to the letter of the law I would guess that every single motorist would be ticketed on a daily or weekly basis for very minor stuff. You may not agree with the rules but when you get a drivers license you agree to obey them or be penalized. You also agree that in return for not needing a state license to drive through another state that you learn and obey their laws.
Old May 24th 2009, 2:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garrettciaran
My BBW girlfriend fiancee has just been stopped in Texas for a seatbelt violation, she was wearing it but it wasn't buckled because she is a big girl.

After being stopped myself for 2 very petty motoring violations, I think the Law Enforcement Officers are just out to get money.

Has anyone else been on the receiving end of these gun-toting law jackasses?

Yours in Exasperation, Garrett

Lets be honest. She wasn't wearing it. It was slung over a shoulder to make it look like she was wearing it.

If she drives that car regularly then take it to dealer and have an extra long seat belt installed to accommodate her girth.

The law is the law. Obey it and be fine; disobey it and be fined
Old May 24th 2009, 7:24 pm
Have Visa will travel SFO

rwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the rough

Why moan? would you get away with it in the UK no, have you nothing better to whine about?
Old May 25th 2009, 2:11 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

My BBW girlfriend fiancee has just been stopped in Texas for a seatbelt violation, she was wearing it but it wasn't buckled because she is a big girl.
Reading this reminded me of when my parents would get on my case about writing thank-you notes for gifts I'd received, which I really hated doing. My father would always remind me that unless the thank-yous were sealed, stamped and out in the mailbox, that was the same as them not being written at all.

That's when I was 8 years old. By the time I was 9, I'd learned my lesson.

Your "girlfriend fiancee" should know better.

Actually, if she "wears" her seat belt like that -- that is, basically slung over her shoulder and nothing else -- she's lucky that she hasn't been in a bad wreck and had her arm severed due to the improper wearing of her seat belt.

~ Jenney
Old May 25th 2009, 8:19 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

As for law enforcement, I feel the motorist is an easy target for them, reducing crime doesnt seem to be a priority in Huntsville, Texas, as they can exact revenue without much trouble.
I disagree with you although I didn't think it was totally necessary for everyone to be quite so horrible and "pile on"!

Meanwhile, routine traffic stops for minor offences are an important part of law enforcement/policing. Police officers are not allowed to just pull people over and look them up and down without probable cause. They are, however, allowed to stop them for a genuine offence and use the offence as a pretext for having a sniff around.

In practice what happens is selective enforcement by the cops, rightly or wrongly: soccer mom going 56 in 50 - probably not going to be stopped. Shifty looking fella with a glint in his eye - might well be stopped. Hey, and once he's stopped, you (the cop) might get lucky and spot, I don't know, a dodgy-looking gun "in plain sight" in the car. Or he might not have a licence. Or he might have a warrant out. Or, if nothing else, you might send the message that shifty looking people are not welcome in Spunknucket, Mass (small town cops like this). Unfortunately, selective enforcement is also extremely prone to abuse - personal vendetta, racism, dislike of group X...

And in fact IIRC (and IANAL), in Texas all offences are arrestable offences, which means that a seatbelt violation means you can be arrested - which means a personal search and a search of the car (is that right?). And that (if you're a cop) is where you might hit the jackpot.

Minor traffic violations are essentially just an invitation to any passing cop to say "hey! How would you like a free opportunity to ask me a whole bunch of questions and see whether I act suspiciously enough to give you probable cause to search or arrest me?" (regardless of whether you're doing anything else wrong). And there are so many people chatting on phones/ speeding/ driving with expired tags/ lights out etc that any time a cop has time/interest in stopping someone and seeing where it goes, there is no shortage of candidates.
Old May 25th 2009, 10:02 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

America is an over policed country IMHO

Land of the free?

Not if the city cops, county sheriff, State Police, FBI, Federal Marshalls have their way..........

of course, lest us not forget umpteen million college campus cops and Native American pretend policemen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.