Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Still no confirmation of receipt! Advice, please.

Still no confirmation of receipt! Advice, please.

Old Oct 31st 2012, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

FK Murphy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Still no confirmation of receipt! Advice, please.

Did you call?
Old Nov 1st 2012, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

chris197337 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by snufkinette
My husband and I sent off our I-130 over three weeks ago to USCIS in London, but we still have not yet had confirmation of receipt. I completed the G-1145 with my email address. Nothing in my junk folder.

We sent the form to the following address first class post:

USCIS Field Office
24 Grosvenor Square
London W1K 6AH

Any idea why it's taking so long? I note from other people's timelines that they usually get their confirmation of receipt within just a few short days! Thanks.
Is that definitely the right address or is it;

USCIS Field Office
American Embassy (DHS/USCIS)
Post Office Box 2444
London W1K 6AH

Did you (do people) send it recorded delivery (registered post whatever you call it)?
Old Nov 1st 2012, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

snufkinette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Happy ending

Didn't ring, but emailed [email protected] in the end. Impressively,I received a response within 24 hours! Unfortunately, they have not received the petition.

Originally Posted by chris197337
Is that definitely the right address or is it;

USCIS Field Office
American Embassy (DHS/USCIS)
Post Office Box 2444
London W1K 6AH

Did you (do people) send it recorded delivery (registered post whatever you call it)?
You may be right. The reason I avoided that address is that it said it was for 'international regular mail'.

STOP PRESS: Oh, how exciting, as I was typing the above, the notice of receipt landed in my inbox! The address at the top of the notice is, in fact, the one quoted above. I wonder if my email acted as a nudge for it to end up in the right place. Anyway, all's well that ends well.

Chris, to answer your question, no, we didn't send it recorded delivery, just first class. Recorded would probably be a good idea so you could track the petition and have greater peace of mind. Special delivery would obviously be the most secure option and therefore maybe worth the extra expenditure.

Thanks to those of you who showed an interest. Now to wait for the notice of approval!

Last edited by snufkinette; Nov 1st 2012 at 4:21 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 4:27 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

hooray! What a relief!
Old Nov 1st 2012, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

snufkinette is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Speedwell
hooray! What a relief!
It really was, especially after the initial reply.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, for piece of mind, definitely send everything via Recorded Delivery/Return Receipt/Delivery Confirmation. It's always a relief to know your package has been delivered.