Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Still no confirmation of receipt! Advice, please.

Still no confirmation of receipt! Advice, please.

Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

snufkinette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Still no confirmation of receipt! Advice, please.

My husband and I sent off our I-130 over three weeks ago to USCIS in London, but we still have not yet had confirmation of receipt. I completed the G-1145 with my email address. Nothing in my junk folder.

We sent the form to the following address first class post:

USCIS Field Office
24 Grosvenor Square
London W1K 6AH

Any idea why it's taking so long? I note from other people's timelines that they usually get their confirmation of receipt within just a few short days! Thanks.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:55 am
Just Joined

FK Murphy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Still no confirmation of receipt! Advice, please.

Hi,
My wife sent our I-130 on August 29th and the payment for the fee was taken on September 4th. We didn't hear anything else until we received confirmation it had been approved and sent to the Visa unit at the embassy.....it was stressful waiting but if the fee has been paid it is likely there is nothing to worry about.
I have now completed my medical and the DS-230/DS-2001 have been sent in also.....so although sometimes things move slowly all of sudden you will find lots to do.......
Of course if you need to you can always call the expensive number to double check they have received it....
Old Oct 30th 2012, 1:29 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snufkinette
I note from other people's timelines that they usually get their confirmation of receipt within just a few short days!
This is a prime example of why you shouldn't bother trying to follow other people's timelines! It's just upsetting you.

Some people never get a receipt!

Ian
Old Oct 30th 2012, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FK Murphy
Hi,
My wife sent our I-130 on August 29th and the payment for the fee was taken on September 4th. We didn't hear anything else until we received confirmation it had been approved and sent to the Visa unit at the embassy.....it was stressful waiting but if the fee has been paid it is likely there is nothing to worry about.
I have now completed my medical and the DS-230/DS-2001 have been sent in also.....so although sometimes things move slowly all of sudden you will find lots to do.......
Of course if you need to you can always call the expensive number to double check they have received it....
Thanks for your reply. I did neglect that one crucial detail, which is that payment has yet to be taken. What might the hold-up be?

Yeah, that is an expensive call to make! I saw a note on the USCIS website that they don't welcome queries regarding the status of an application. Perhaps I should bite the bullet and ring anyway?
Old Oct 30th 2012, 1:49 am
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a note on the USCIS website that they don't welcome queries regarding the status of an application. Perhaps I should bite the bullet and ring anyway?
Your call won't be, "hey when is my app going to be approved". Your call will be, "I think something is wrong because I have not received notification in any form and my payment was not cashed; can you tell me whether my packet was ever received and what do I need to do if it was not." Different question. I'd call. (I defer to wiser heads on this question, but it seems to me like the kind of thing you DO need to find out this way.)

Last edited by Speedwell; Oct 30th 2012 at 1:52 am.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 4:28 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Y'all would be a bunch of quivering jellyfish if you were going through this process when some of the long-time members did! There was a time when nothing was done online... you just had to wait until you got a notice in the mail. And y'know... we survived just fine without knowing! I don't understand why the access to instant information that people now expect, translates into being constantly updated on a process that is, by its very nature, non-linear.

All the Internet has done is create a generation of anxiety-ridden people whose lives depend on access to instant information. The whole concept of delayed gratification has gone the way of the dinosaur.

Ian
Old Oct 30th 2012, 4:43 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Y'all would be a bunch of quivering jellyfish if you were going through this process when some of the long-time members did! There was a time when nothing was done online... you just had to wait until you got a notice in the mail. And y'know... we survived just fine without knowing! I don't understand why the access to instant information that people now expect, translates into being constantly updated on a process that is, by its very nature, non-linear.

All the Internet has done is create a generation of anxiety-ridden people whose lives depend on access to instant information. The whole concept of delayed gratification has gone the way of the dinosaur.

Ian
Old Oct 30th 2012, 5:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Ian
Be that as it may, the methods of tracking today are far improved over our days, eh? I well remember the fear & wondering if my package was ever received by Texas Serv Center because I never received an NOA, and waiting once a month for an update to see which received dates they were now processing. I only wish I had had the information availability that folks today have.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 6:10 am
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Ian
Guilty!
Old Oct 30th 2012, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Ian
Incorrect. When I am provided with a form to fill in my details in order to enable an email confirmation, I expect to receive it.

When I applied for my UK residence permit, I had no such form to fill in, as no such service was provided. I was not a bundle of nerves as a result! I just waited and trusted my application was being processed. Therefore, I don't feel your comments are merited!

Anyway, I posted asking for advice. That's all.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 8:23 am
Just Joined

Sin715 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would phone, we never received the letter confirming my husbands interview date and when I phoned they had sent it a week prior. We still haven't received it and that was 3 weeks ago.......things get lost in the post!!
Old Oct 30th 2012, 9:23 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Incorrect. When I am provided with a form to fill in my details in order to enable an email confirmation, I expect to receive it.
Unfortunately, with USCIS, you don't always get what you expect. That's the norm.

Rene
Old Oct 30th 2012, 9:49 am
Account Closed

When I am provided with a form to fill in my details in order to enable an email confirmation, I expect to receive it.
Respectfully then, you have unrealistic expectations where US immigration is concerned.

I just waited and trusted my application was being processed.
Well then... why can't you now? What's changed? To quote Jo Harding, "What's the urgent urgency?"

Therefore, I don't feel your comments are merited!
My comments were general in nature, and not aimed at anyone specific. That said... wait a while - you're still fairly new to the forum.

Anyway, I posted asking for advice. That's all.
Alas, in an open forum, you get what you get. You don't get to control who says what!

Ian
Old Oct 30th 2012, 1:00 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Did you read the instructions for the G-1145? You might want to do so, you'd have a better idea of what to expect. And what not to expect.

Regards, JEff

My husband and I sent off our I-130 over three weeks ago to USCIS in London, but we still have not yet had confirmation of receipt. I completed the G-1145 with my email address. \
Old Oct 31st 2012, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sin715
I would phone, we never received the letter confirming my husbands interview date and when I phoned they had sent it a week prior. We still haven't received it and that was 3 weeks ago.......things get lost in the post!!
Indeed, things do get lost, especially with Royal Mail involved! Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.