step son/ changed mind

Old Nov 24th 2001, 2:44 pm
Synchro1212

we have filled out the k1 with the intentions of step son coming with my fiance from
England to US. Now all of a sudden step son has changed his mind and is staying in
England. He is only just 15. What do we do....Leave paperwork as
is.... IF we do how long does he have to use that visa....If he does not come over in
that period of time, then what do we do if he wants to come later, and how long
does that process take? Please help. My fiance is very upset. He and his son are
very close and now mother has promised whe will start being a mum and be home for
him. Afraid to leave him in ENgland because he will be alone

Old Nov 24th 2001, 2:59 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Synchro1212 wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Go ahead and get him the visa. He may change his mind (several have from other posts
on this board). He will have one year in which to use the visa...by the time a year
is up, his mother's true colors will have shown themselves.

If he waits over a year, you will have to file an I-130 for him. One previous poster
on this board was able to get the London consulate to do DCF for a child who had
initially stayed behind, I think...keep that in mind.

Alvena
-----------------------
Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
posted for the purpose of discussion only. Locate an immigration attorney in your
area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Old Nov 24th 2001, 5:11 pm
Onigiri

>
[usenetquote2]> > we have filled out the k1 with the intentions of step son coming with my[/usenetquote2]
fiance
[usenetquote2]> > from England to US. Now all of a sudden step son has changed his mind[/usenetquote2]
and is
[usenetquote2]> > staying in England. He is only just 15. What do we do....Leave[/usenetquote2]
paperwork as
[usenetquote2]> > is.... IF we do how long does he have to use that visa....If he does not[/usenetquote2]
come
[usenetquote2]> > over in that period of time, then what do we do if he wants to come[/usenetquote2]
later, and
[usenetquote2]> > how long does that process take? Please help. My fiance is very upset.[/usenetquote2]
He
[usenetquote2]> > and his son are very close and now mother has promised whe will start[/usenetquote2]
being a
[usenetquote2]> > mum and be home for him. Afraid to leave him in ENgland because he[/usenetquote2]
will be
[usenetquote2]> > alone[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
Doesn't the kid need the mum's consent to go away on a K-2 ?

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >